Luminar version for iPad Pro

Answered

Comments

53 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for your feedback, we will definitely consider that for the future. Indeed, we plan to expand platforms support, however, for now, there's no ETA for this. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Comment actions Permalink
    Devon Meadows

This is an important question for sure. I have decided after using a macbook forever to switch to the new ipad and I don't plan to stop making video or photo any time soon. I will use whatever tools are available to me. I'd prefer to use luminar. 

Equiano Jackson

I’d love to sell my old iPad and MacBook Pro to just have a new iPad Pro but one thing that is stopping me is Luminar not having a Mobile OS appp😭

Rolf Marcelius Kristensen

Considering to swith from Adobe, but need an alternative that lets me sync between devices. Ipad Pro app is a must in order for me to take the leap.

Daniel Serrano

Definitively, this app for iPad is something I’d expect coming soon to avoid going back to Lightroom.

Matt Chambers

When I travel, I just bring my ipad. I like to get photos turned around in my hotel room rather than having to do it all when I get back. An iPad app would be amazing!

Is an iPad version of Aurora HDR available yet??! Money waiting.... 

Victoria Grace

Hey,

As much as I'd like to help, however, there is no ETA on the iOS version yet. Thanks for all your understanding.

Devon Meadows

Thanks Victoria for replying. I wanted to mention that I love luminar. I have however moved over to Lightroom because of the sync between desktop and iPad. I’m now able to edit on my iPad. I didn’t know how often I would actually edit my photos on my iPad after making this switch but I now EXCLUSIVELY edit photos on my iPad to my surprise. With the pencil, and the big new bright screen it’s sooooo much better than when I was editing on desktop machine.

Hope y’all try to stay ahead of the curve on this by acknowledging the iPad editing capabilities before too many people switch to Lightroom.

I would love to switch back. Thanks!

Dev

david thomson

Hi just wanted to add that id love this too , i have affinity , wont use adobe because its subscription based . 

Luminar looks amazing , would love to have something i can edit on my ipad when away from home then continue with when im back home . 

at the moment i havent bought Luminar because there is no ipad version .

Can those of you that switched to Lightroom - can you layer / stack bracketed photos on the iPad like you might with Aurora 2019?

karel van pelt

Since a couple of months, I also use iPad Pro, and as a consequence my old laptop MacBook Pro (2009) becomes obselete....to the point that I am not even loading its battery anymore... And there is a definite need for instant pictures that you want to see ‘now” on your iPad and share it with other people, rather than waiting these several weeks before you got home and start editing all these pictures on your iMac!. So I am tempted to take a closer look at Lightroom, allthough I am really loving Luminar and learning it every day more and more...... So please, Skylum: don’t waste time and customers and give us at least a horizon for the Luminar X on iPad.

Karel

I've found a good work around using my iPad pro / Photos / Affinity Photo

I can open / stack / HDR / Focus stack you name in Affinity Photo just by dragging photos from Photos into the Affinity app and export the result straight into Photos again.

I recommend using Darkroom rather than Photos itself for edits & filters. Together with Affinity the iPad Pro is a powerful setup, especially like you say when you're on the move. Using the 1 Giga byte version I can store my entire library on the iPad. Fantastic.

Jerry Jaz

I too have been using Photos / Affinity / Photoshop on my iPad Pro. Feels clumsy running between the apps but a pleasure to be working in the iPad Pro. 

I too would love to see a Luminar (ai) for the iOS. Luminar 4 doesn’t get my vote since it will be an orphan this time next year.

Caetano Vidal

I just discover luminar few weeks ago and find it awesome. But unfortunately the lack of app to iPad is a show stopper. 

We want to edit best pictures at hotel room and not weeks later at home. On top of that I am not even considering upgrading my previous generation MacBook and I am moving all my workflow to iPad. This is a trend that many photographers are getting into and we are going to use what is available in that platform, not the other way around.

I would rather use luminar because what you are doing is really great job. I guess you are already very aware of this need, right?

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

While we are offering the software only for Mac and PC, we know that tablet / mobile technology is the easiest way for the artists to deliver exceptional quality work on the go while using the best tools available. We hear you and our team is reviewing all processes as well as upcoming utilities to create the same or a better experience that our apps can provide you.

So we will surely consider creating the apps for mobile OS in the future. Please stay tuned!

Bethany Gansen

Can't wait for an iPad version of Luminar!!

Daniel Colegate

I have preordered the LuminarAI and looking forward to it but as everyone in this thread have staded the lack of an ipad version "forces" me to use two different systems . I do most of my edeting on ipad, its only when I do a large bunch or more pro work that I use the old laptop. And for traveling the LuminarAi never will be used in my case. 

I also have a modest budget for my photograph edeting so i will not buy a screen to the laptop that is photo editing freindly. So using a pencil is also limited to the ipad/ipad pro. 

Tim Cassady

Love Luminar 4 and hate to leave it behind, but moving my workflow to the iPad Pro to increase productivity.  Hope Skylum responds to customer needs as this is the way of the future and want to echo comments mentioned above the need for an IOS version. Waiting too long to migrate to IOS will have your loyal customers seek other solutions. I will miss you guys as I love your software.

Jerry Jaz

I feel Skylum’s‘s response to the iPad software request is disingenuous. They blandly say they’ll “definitely consider it.” Why not I give us a roadmap of what that consideration and implementation looks like? A Roadmap is a nice two-way street to show intent and accountability.

Daniel Varughese

Agree Jerry! A confirmation from Luminar that the work is in progress and some roadmap definitely is gonna be comforting for All interested in this product. @Luminar Team- am not sure if you are missing the huge business opportunity that will come from on the go super intuitive editing apps such as Luminar and Upcoming Luminar AI

Victoria Grace

Hey guys,

Be sure it's in our backlog already and we're thinking of developing the iOS version in the future. However, as much as I'd like to to tell, there no ETA for it. I appreciate all your understanding.

Jan H

I would love to see Luminar (AI) on an iPad Pro ;)

You would need now to recompile it for M1 anyways. So make an iPad version too. Switching completely to iPad now. Would be frustrated to migrate to another tool.

Sven Lierzer

I would love to use Luminar 4 / AI on my iPad Pro. With Big Sur released right now, it should get easier to develop also an iOS App, I guess.

Jozef Holly

I was clear to buy the Luminar bundle now, but just realized is not for iPad pro ☹️
    I using affinity photo and lumafusion for video editing.   Luminar would be the next if you make it for iOS... 

🙏🏻please do it and take my money 💶

John Goucher

I am wowed by the Luminar 4 trial, and I'm tempted to purchase access, but all of my photography work is done on my iPad now. The workflow is more efficient and, frankly, more enjoyable on the iPad. I'm probably not going to purchase Luminar 4 for the desktop.

I understand the importance of priorities and backlogs in development, but I urge you to deliver an iOS version of your remarkable software asap. Thanks for listening!

Scott Kissinger

+1 for definitely wanting to buy a copy of Luminar for iOS.

Kristopher Boushie

Sadly, the lack of an iOS version and slow development time for an M1 version is forcing me to the dark side of the Adobe subscription-world...at least for the near term. Hopefully, Skylum has a plan to ramp up efforts to drastically reduce its backlog of projects.

Rahul Sawarkar

With the new M1 based Macs IOS apps are expected to run on the common ARM architecture and hopefully the reverse will also happen? In any case this means it should not be too difficult to make an iPad specific version of Luminar once the M1 version is developed as they will share the same ARM code base...unless Skylum wants to forgo the Apple market entirely...

Please sign in to leave a comment.