very slow when selecting photo

Answered

Comments

9 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Efraim,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying Luminar 4!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, performance is a big priority. Our engineers are working hard to make improvements with every update released.

The time it takes to open raw files depends on several factors - the size of the image file and the specs of your computer, most importantly an SSD drive, RAM, and a dedicated graphics card.

2. It isn't possible at this time to pre-load raw files, but I will share the suggestion with our developers.

3. Image edits are cached, but can still take a few seconds to load based on file size, number of edits/layers, and your computer's specifications.

We really appreciate your feedback and will continue to work hard to improve Luminar.

Comment actions Permalink
    Efraim Or

most importantly an SSD drive, RAM, and a dedicated graphics card

I wrote my system specs, you saw it, it's more than enough.

but can still take a few seconds to load

as I wrote, up to 20 - 30 seconds, not 'a few'.

based on file size, number of edits/layers, and your computer's specifications

its takes so long even with an unedited raw file, I wrote it. and once again, my system specs more than enough (Lightroom load a preview in 2 - 3 seconds).

I'm sorry, but it seems you didn't read my comment at all, just copy-pasted generic answer. shame.

Hans van Breda

I've got the same Issue with speed.

Windows 10, I7 3770, 24GB ram.

It takes a long while to load NEF files with edits.15 seconds. SSD Crucial MX300

Austin Miller

Hi Hans. At the moment, our development team has two major tasks: the algorithm performance improvements and resource use optimization. These are large-scale tasks that in the long-term perspective will give the app a significant boost as well as increase the development speed. We are going to improve the performance in the next updates of Luminar 4.

Efraim Or

thank you Austin.

Mauro Tranquillini

same problem for me!!

i am still waiting to use your magic software with a lot of old pictures i want to re-edit, but now please better don't do it!!!!

you have any idea when we will get the amazing highspeed 4.3 version???

Austin Miller

Hi Mauro. The update 4.3.0 is going to be released soon. However, there is no ETA on it. Please stay tuned for the update. It will have performance improvements!

JORGE JESUS SAINZ CASALLA

Hey everyone, Im already have a Luminar 4.3 and sitll issues with performance

Helena Carter

Hi JORGE JESUS SAINZ CASALLA,

Please, reach us out via https://skylum.com/support and we'll see what we can do to speed up your workflow.

Please sign in to leave a comment.