Where is "Clear" Workspace in the Windows Luminar 4?

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Austin Miller

Hi Michael. Please note that the workspaces have been removed from Luminar 4. Could you please send us the video you are referring to?

Comment actions Permalink
    michael mills
    It is mentioned in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eA_j1tj02k

So where is that functionality now?
    For example, what is the best way to clear any "look"?
    ....and do the editing that was formerly found in the EDIT dropdown?

Please be complete in your response to hopefully limit going back and forth which is very inefficient.
    Gary Bowen

"For example, what is the best way to clear any "look"?"

On the selected Luminar Look (bottom row) drag the Amount slider all the way left to "0" (zero).

Editing functions have been moved around but are available. For example, "masks" are in the drop list in almost every edit menu function of the Essencials, Creative, Portrait and Pro menus.

michael mills

Hi Gary,

Yes, I was aware you could do that trick, you can do that for pretty much any filter.

I guess what was really on my mind and what I did a poor job in expressing is the larger issue (that frustrates me and other customers to know end) which is: the inconsistency in implementation and the confusion it causes. Unfortunately, I guess I'm just spitting in the wind in that regard. That general observation is for another discussion altogether.

Thank you for responding though......

Gary Bowen

I know what you mean as I've posted to that concern in the past. I still prefer Luminar 3 (and Flex) user interface.

Margaret Bright

Hi Michael,

You can always undo the changes (such as an applied look) in the History tab (clock icon) or via Edit > Undo option. As Gary has suggested, moving the slider to 0 is also an option.

In Luminar 4, all the filters were neatly grouped in tabs according to the level of editing and purpose: Essentials, Creative, Portrait, and Pro. Basically, these tabs already function as workspaces - you will be able to focus on the filters you’re working with and don’t get distracted by all the others. 

I realize that it might be a bit of time before you get accustomed to the new workflow, especially when comparing Luminar 4 with Luminar 3, but I'm sure that once some time passes and you work in Luminar 4 a bit more, you'll find this workflow more intuitive. 

For your convenience, we've prepared a special table showing correspondence between Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 tools. It'll be helpful.

Gary Bowen

L4 workflow is slow, cumbersome, not very friendly. L3s strengths were being able to create a custom workflow (Luminar Look) to exactly fit my typical workflow and a sensible slide out expanded menu making it fast and easy to find what I need. These are impossible in L4.

Kate Williams

Hi Gary

Custom Luminar Looks are still present in Luminar 4: https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/customizing-luminar-looks 

I guess you're referring to workspaces. These were indeed removed with an idea to improve the image processing pipeline, increase the tools discoverability and make them easier to access. 

We are still monitoring the feedback regarding the new UI, that being said we've heard your feedback and let our team know about your preferences. Thanks for sharing your insights with us. 

Matthew McKissick

I must say even though Luminar 4 has added some great features, I  really do not like the the work flow. Luminar 3 interface, being able to choose the filters i want to use and my own workspace to me was far more intuitive. It would be nice if you would be able to choose which  interface to use in Luminar 4. Even though I will keep Luminar 4, I will use Luminar 3 more often for editing my photos.

Anastasia Davis

Matthew McKissick Thanks for your feedback, I will forward it to the person in charge.

Please sign in to leave a comment.