What is the workflow for Aurora HDR to Luminar 4?

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Austin Miller

Hi Bill. Please reach us via skylum.com/support so we can provide you with the instructions on how to use Luminar 4 as a plugin for Aurora HDR.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bill Nickerson

Thanks Austin. Might I suggest that these steps be incorporated into the documentation as I looked in the section on using Luminar as a plugin before asking the question here. It makes sense that it would be doable.

Margaret Bright

Hi Bill,

That is a very good point, thank you for the suggestion! I will pass it on to our team.

Anastasia Davis

Bill Nickerson Please note that you can use Luminar 4 as a plugin for Aurora HDR. In the top bar menu choose Plugins > Luminar 4.

In order to send several photos from Luminar to Aurora HDR just select the photos > right-click > Open In > Aurora HDR.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Brink

I see the Luminar plugin (twice) in Aurora. However, I do not see an Open In option in Luminar (Windows).

I can use Lightroom to send photos to Aurora, why not your own software?

Helena Carter

Mark,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could look deeper into the issue.

Brett Rasmussen

I followed the instructions in the users guide chapter 6 https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-6-using-luminar-with-aurora-hdr-2019 but don't get any response when selecting for Luminar plugin. Looking into the topic it seems like bracketed photos cannot be opened from Aurora to Luminar using the plug in. Rather it must be exported (ideally in TIFF format) then seperatly opened in Luminar. Can you confirm that this is the workflow for creating a bracketed photo in Aurora, then editing it in Luminar? Thank you

Elena Blum

Hi Brett,

As for Luminar and Aurora:

You are right - It's not possible to transfer brackets from Luminar 4 into Aurora HDR. You can create an HDR image from the photos in Aurora and then open Luminar 4 as a plugin for it.

Please sign in to leave a comment.