Windows update - Luminar stopped working

Comments

8 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi William,

If a reinstall is the fix, you can find your presets at %appdata%\Luminar 2018\Data\Presets and make a make a copy of that file to an external drive before reinstalling. 

However, before instructing you to reinstall, we would appreciate if you send us a screenshot with information about your PC.

On Windows 10 right click on "Start Menu" and click on "System" in pop-up menu to open "System" window. Press the “Windows logo key + PrtScn” and the screenshot will appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder. 

You can upload that screenshot here.

Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    William Stickney

In case the email reply didn't go through, here's what I wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. Here's the screenshot:

Roy Blackwell

I have the same Windows 10 version and OS Build but a different CPU (i7-4650U). No Luminar 2018 issues on my system after the latest Windows update (Surface Pro 3 w/8GB ram and Intel HD 5000 graphics).

Julia Kot Kot

Please try to reinstall Luminar 2018.

On Win 8/10

Click on ‘Start’ menu > Settings > Apps > under ‘Apps & features’ please locate Luminar 2018 and click ‘Uninstall'

On Win 7

Click on 'Start' menu > Control panel> Programs and features > locate Luminar 2018 and click ‘Uninstall'

Then, please restart your PC and download Luminar 2018 for Windows one more time using the link below:

https://luminar2018.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/Luminar_2018_Setup.exe

After that, please follow all the steps carefully:

• Locate the download (Luminar_2018_Setup.exe) in your Downloads folder.
    • Double-click to launch the installer and begin the installation process.
    • It is recommended not to make changes to the default installation path.
    • After the installation is finished you will be able to launch Luminar 2018 from your desktop, start menu, or installation folder.

Let me know how it goes.

William Stickney

Ok.... the uninstall and re-install routine worked, and this time it at least saved my custom presets. But it's rather like having a new toy that is a lot of fun to play with but then it always breaks and you have to get a new one. Please keep working on developing a stable Windows version of Luminar that doesn't have to be constantly reinstalled and that will be on a par with the Mac version and Lightroom. Or maybe even better than either of them.....

Angela Andrieux

Hi William,

I'm glad you are back up and running. We are working hard to improve stability of the application and bring the Mac & Windows versions to full parity. We appreciate you bearing with us!

Rui Miguel Da Silva Pinto

Hello there,

I'm also having similar problems, I have tried the "repair" function in Programs, but that did not work. This problem started as soon as I tried to use Nik collections 1.2.11 (when it was free). I have uninstalled Nik, ran the repair, but no luck as well. I have uninstalled Luminar and installed using the .exe file I originally installed Luminar from (the one provided in the link sent when you receive your serial nbr), installed it as the Administrator, and no luck either. I'm downloading the exe file from the link provided https://luminar2018.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/Luminar_2018_Setup.exe.I hope this works.

Again, the program was working fine after the purchase. I went as far as uninstalling Photoshop, I started having problems assigning Luminar as the default program to open my .ORF (Olympus Raw Files), and I kept on getting this strange message,
    While I was not able to assign Luminar as my default program to open .ORF pictures, I could open th files individually, a hassle but, still pretty good as I rarely edit more than one picture at a time (except when I'm doing focus stacking). I believe I'm running a PC with spec required to run the software without any hassle...

(export from System info)

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro    
    Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134      
    OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation       
    System Manufacturer    Dell Inc.    
    System Model    OptiPlex 7440 AIO    
    System Type    x64-based PC    
    System SKU    06C5    
    Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)    
    BIOS Version/Date    Dell Inc. 1.9.1, 8/28/2018    
    SMBIOS Version    2.8    
    Embedded Controller Version    255.255    
    BIOS Mode    UEFI    
    BaseBoard Manufacturer    Dell Inc.

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB    
    Total Physical Memory    15.9 GB    
    Available Physical Memory    11.7 GB    
    Total Virtual Memory    18.2 GB    
    Available Virtual Memory    13.3 GB   

I'll try to troubleshoot this with a fresh install, but just in case somebody out there has figured out how to troubleshoot this and is willing to share...

Daniel Scholz

@Rui Miguel, could you please specify what happens when you now try to launch Luminar 2018? Are there any specific error messages on the screen?

Could you also please let us know more about your PC hardware configuration? We'd like to see more information about your graphics card.

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file to your reply to this email.

Please email it to our support team at support@skylum.com

Please sign in to leave a comment.