Comments

1 comment

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Pam,

Happy to help!

Luminar and Aurora HDR are both made by Skylum Software. Lightroom is made by Adobe (a different company).

Aurora HDR is specifically created for processing high dynamic range (HDR) photographs which typically involves merging multiple exposures into a single image to give detail in all areas from highlights to shadows. Aurora HDR can also be used on single images to bring out extra detail in highlight and shadow areas.

Luminar is a photo editing toolbox for a variety of photographic styles. It has a Library for cataloging and organizing images and a powerful edit module that allows for many types of photo editing and includes several AI based tools geared toward making photo editing easier and quicker than ever before.

Lightroom by Adobe is also made for organizing images as well as general editing. While it is a great application many find it to be less intuitive than Luminar. There is a great deal of overlap in the tools in both Luminar and Lightroom, but each has features not available in the other as well.

I hope that helps clear up some of the confusion. If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.