Ever since the Luminar 4.2.0 update was released, we've been collecting your feedback about issues you’ve encountered.
We appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us and bring them to our attention.
Our techs are currently investigating the submitted reports in order to include the fixes in the upcoming releases.
Below is a list of currently available fixes and workarounds for the issues that appeared after the latest Luminar 4 update.
If your issue isn't listed or the solution does not help, please contact us at https://skylum.com/support
If you're receiving one of these errors:
- "We are having trouble connecting, please check your internet connection and try again" (Win);
- "An error occurred retrieving update information" (Mac);
- Oops, something isn’t working at the moment.
- When checking for updates, the app says that 4.1.0 is the latest version available.
Try the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- Ensure that your antivirus/firewall/network settings allow the Luminar installer to connect to the Internet.
- Please make sure that you do not use any software that optimizes the Internet.
- Please try to use VPN/alternative internet connection.
If the issue persists, try the alternative installers:
Luminar 4.2.0. Windows: The image zooms in randomly when using the tools / UI issues (sliders disappear, etc.)
Try to update your Nahimic drivers. We can recommend following either method 1 or 2 in this article: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/update-nahimic-audio-driver-quickly-easily/
If updating the drivers does not help, ty to disable Nahimic (or nahimicservice.exe) in your Task Manager? (How to run a task manager: click here)
If you're prompted to restart the computer after you disable this service, please make sure to run Task Manager once again after the restart and verify that this service is still disabled.
The Mac version of Luminar crashed while I was editing the image and I cannot reopen it now
Try restoring from backup:
- Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
- Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup
Reach us with more details regarding the steps that led to crash here: https://skylum.com/support
After the 4.2.0 update, I need to activate Luminar 4 each time I launch the app (Windows)
- open the System environment variables - https://prnt.sc/rno0ns
- in the Advanced tab click on Environment variables - https://prnt.sc/rno1um
- find Path string and click on Edit - https://prnt.sc/rno2go
- click New and then paste the following value - %SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem - https://prnt.sc/rno7cr, click OK.
- start Luminar 4.
The exported photo lacks layers with edits (Windows)
It happens if you’re exporting the photos from the Gallery view. Will be fixed in the next update.
For now, we recommend exporting photos one by one from the main edit window (via File > Export).
Post is closed for comments.