Problem with plugin Luminar4 and Aurora

Answered

Comments

13 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi, Simone,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a better way. 

Comment actions Permalink
    mark thomas

The plugin for Aurora is bugged after the latest Aurora update and Aurora actually shows as Luminar 4 in the plugin menu. Because of this issue i have found no way to have both Luminar 4 And Aurora 2019 installed as plugins at the same time(as they now both have the same name). I have replicated this same issue with photoshop elements/ Affinity photo and Even Luminar 4 itself.It only affects the Windows version, Mac users do not have this issue.

Simone Boddi

Thanks a lot for your support Mark, I have informed Tecnician Group of Skylum, and I wait a changing of version of Luminara 4. have a nice day 

Bob Noodle

I have been up all night with this same issue. I have ripped out and reinstalled Luminar, and Aurora multiple times.. I have ripped out and totally messed up my Photoshop CC 2020 over this issue. I have no words for an error like that....

Dennis Falast

Same issue with Windows 10.  Luminar 4 plugin still works with Photoshop CC 2020, but I can't get Aurora HDR 2019 to show up under Photoshop filters.  Hopefully, they will fix this soon.

Simone Boddi

Bob , thanks for your writing of experience, I thouth that I or my Pc had problems, but I was wrong, we will wait the new adjustment.

Helga Egilsdottir

Hello everyone,

We are terribly sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with plugins. Our tech team is currently checking it, so hopefully it is fixed very soon. 

We have similar thread here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360007728940-Aurora-2019-killed-Luminar-4-plugin-in-PS-2020?page=1#community_comment_360001524120

There you will find a workaround, which might help in your case. Will keep working on this to resolve at shortest time possible. Thanks!

Bob Noodle

I have Photoshop CC 2020 that is currently utilizing Luminar4 as a plug-in properly.

I can only utilize Aurora HDR as a standalone if I wanted, but that does not fit my workflow at all.

I spent my night ripping and tearing and digging in my system, only to realize it all went south on me after doing the Aurora update.

I would discourage anyone from doing that update until this is fixed.

jeff argentine

My experiences are exactly the same. I WILL NOT uninstall Aurora again. I will do without until it is fixed. My eagerness to update will be tempered in the future. I miss this part of my workflow. 

Victoria Grace

Hi guys,

Sorry for this inconvenience! Be sure we're currently working on a fix and we'll notify you as soon as it's there. Thanks for all your patience and understanding!

Bob Noodle

If you scroll back up in this thread, there is a link to another thread. If you go in that thread, it indicates they've implemented a fix, and they explain it there. 

mark thomas

Bob Noodle Thanks for letting us know Bob, was expecting an email from  Skylum to let us know when it was fixed.Your post is appreciated greatly :) .

Bob Noodle

You're welcome; They've updated the software to eliminate the issue. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.