Comments

15 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Dave,

There sure is!  You can find instructions here: https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/using-a-radial-mask

Comment actions Permalink
    Dave Marcus

How can you set the top/bottom separately when using a radial mask?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dave,

I believe I misunderstood your original question. I think the only way to do this would be to create your radial mask, then use the masking brush to remove the bottom. You could then copy this mask to another tool or layer and invert it to apply another effect to the inverse area.

Dave Marcus

That's interesting and will save for future use but ... yup, different.

BTW, when using a radial mask, how come there is no way to change the distance between the inner and outer circles, i.e., the amount of feathering (at least that is what I think that would do)?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dave,

• Drag the middle of the gradient (the dot) to place its center.
    • Drag the inside circle’s radius to affect the size of the gradient.
    • Drag the outside circle’s radius to affect the feathering of the gradient.
    • Drag a handle on the outside circle to adjust the aspect ratio to create an ellipse shape.
    • Drag outside the outer circle to rotate the gradient mask.

Hope that helps!

Dave Marcus

Hi Angela.

You're talking about a Radial Mask?  On my Mac (latest Catalina, latest Luminar), dragging the inner circle resizes both the inner and the outer circle.

All the rest of what you mention works.

Dave

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dave,

Yes, I'm referring to the Radial Mask.

Dragging the inner circle resizes both the inner and outer circle to maintain the blending area, but you can then grab the outer circle to make it smaller or larger in relation to the inner circle to refine the result.

Dave Marcus

Hi,

Is there an email address I can send a few seconds of video to that shows the way this is behaving on my system? I’m either not understanding your instructions, or something weird is going on!

Is there an email address I can send a few seconds of video to it shows the way this is behaving in my system? I’m either not understanding your instructions, or something weird is going on!

Thanks very much - Dave

Helena Carter

Dave,

Please, kindly send them via the Contact Form: https://skylum.com/support

Dave Marcus

OK, sent it in using the Contact Form a couple of hours ago.  

Dave Marcus

Angela,

So, someone named Barbara told me to use the Contact Form to send the video to you, but you can't get it so, is there an email address I can send it to?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Marcus

I resurrected by Dropbox account.  You should be able to view the video here: Screen Recording 2020-03-31 at 9.01.42 PM.mov

Note that the extra circles around the cursor appear when I press the touchpad and disappear when I let go.  The recording software does that so you can find the cursor easily - they do not appear on the Luminar screen.  Am eager to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Dave,

According to your e-mail, everything is fixed and up and running now, right? Please, let us know if you need further help. Thanks!

Dave Marcus

Just to be clear, that email was about the repeated crashing/hanging problems. It wasn’t about the radial mask, the subject of this thread. 

The radial mask UI does not work as Angela described.  See them.mov link above. 

The repeated crashing/hanging problems have disappeared for now. They have not really been fixed - no one from Support has collected any diagnostic information whatsoever to try to determine the cause of the problem. They just tell me to uninstall and reinstall. For now it is not appearing, though. 

D

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Dave,

Got you. For some reason, we could not open the link properly.

Please, send us the file via e-mail following these steps:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the reply to this email.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.