Feedback Luminar 4.2

Answered

Comments

5 comments

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

Note: I have a Fuji X-E3 and I develop compressed RAFs.

Comment actions Permalink
    Margaret Bright

Hi Jean-Michel,

Thank you for such detailed feedback. We appreciate it very much! :)
    I have forwarded it to our team.

I would like to comment on the third issue - the exporting option. Do I understand correctly that you wish for the image to come back as a JPEG after you edit it in Luminar 4 as Apple Photos extension? If that's the case, please note that the picture always returns to the host app as a TIFF copy. For now, there's no way to change that, but it is a great suggestion for future consideration!

If you would like our team to address any other issues with Luminar 4, feel free to reach us at https://skylum.com/support

Stay safe and healthy!

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

For JPG export, I use Luminar as a standalone application (because of the lack of support for Apple-compressed RAFs) and I can't export a JPG directly into Apple Photos. (only a TIF. Capture One allows this. You can choose the format...) This adds some manipulations in my case.

Michael V

re: 3- I'd like to be able to export directly in JPG in "Apple photos" the processed images. This can only be done in TIF (maybe I missed something?).

I noticed this as well:  Export --> Open in --> Photos sends a TIFF to Photos that is 3x larger than the original RAW file (~20MB vs ~60MB).  An option to send a JPEG instead of TIFF would be greatly appreciated.  Tripling the file size is sub-optimal for routine sharing with friends and family via Photos and iCloud.

Exporting via File --> Export --> to an 85% JPEG results in a much more shareable file size of ~5MB with the same image.

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Michael V,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will take it into account and do our best to improve this. Meanwhile we would be glad to help with any other questions. Appreciate it!

Please sign in to leave a comment.