Aurora 2019 version

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Roy Blackwell

As best I can tell, the updated Aurora HDR added the ability to export into Luminar 4, make changes there and send back to Aurora HDR. It also adds better support for Photoshop 2020.

Comment actions Permalink
    Chris Groome

Ver. 2549 had that already - I downloaded that version on 28th March. Two updates in days as opposed to years!

Thanks for your comment.

Margaret Bright

Hi Chris,

Here's what’s new in this update:

• Aurora HDR is now fully compatible as a plugin for Photoshop 2020. 
    • Luminar 4 is now fully compatible as a plugin for Aurora HDR. 
    • Aurora HDR now supports MacOS Catalina.

Please stay tuned for more exciting news soon!

Here's also a quick guide on how to install Looks Packs into Aurora HDR 2019:

• Start Aurora.
    • To import a .maupack / .salpk file click File > Import Aurora HDR Looks Pack > point Aurora to a .maupack / .salpk file and click Open.
    • To import a .maup file click File > Import Aurora HDR Looks  > point Aurora to a .maup file and click Open.
      You can import multiple .maup files by selecting more than one of them.
      If you're on Windows, simply place .maup files into a folder that opens after you click File > Show Aurora HDR 2019 Looks Folder.
    Chris Groome

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for speedy reply.  I was trying to load the same 'Look' from 2018 into 2019 so I could compare them as I am undecided on whether to upgrade.

So far it looks as though 2018 has an overall slightly duller appearence than 2019 and there is a bit more noise in 2018.  Whilst 2018 'dullness' is easily fixable, 2019 needs less work.  Both conversions are perfectly acceptable.  These obeservations are based on processing a few single image RAW files and comparing them on my monitor.  Any thoughts?

I would expect to export from Aurora to Luminar 4 anyway and back to Lightroom anyway.

Margaret Bright

Hi Chris,

The looks indeed may look different in Aurora HDR 2018 and 2019. This is normal behavior since we have reworked the filters and added new features that were not present in the 2018 version.

Chris Groome

Hi Margaret,

Regarding compatability, I can export from Luminar 4 to Aurora but there is no Plugin menu in Aurora 2018 or 2019.  Is this a Mac feature only (I am on Win10)?  I notice in various presentations the Plugin drop down is between Tools and Mask drop downs on the toobar.

At the moment I have to click Apply back into Lightroom then export into Luminar 4.

mark thomas

Chris Groome Aurora 2019 has plugin support , here is a screenshot of where it is. Note it only allows plugins when used as a standalone by itself, if you are using Aurora as a plugin in lightroom (or any other program Photoshop/affinity etc) then it's plugin option will not be available.

Chris Groome

Hi Mark,

Thanks for pointing this out - I am working mostly from LR and on the odd occasion I opened Aurora as a standalone I never glanced at the toolbar.

I also notice that 2018 does not have a plugin drop down which I assume is correct.

My workflow with 2018 is always via LR to keep the catalog tidy i.e.  LR>Aurora>LR>Luminar>LR.  sometimes I start from LR>DxO Photolab>LR etc.  all works fine and obviates the need to import modifed pics into LR.

Might modify workflow  later but I don't process every pic this way.

Please sign in to leave a comment.