Color grade artifacts when AI enhancing

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Springer 55,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We forwarded your message to relevant department, so our colleagues can look into this and see how we can prevent the gradient displaying after edits you applied. We are currently in process of training our AI tools, so the results are going to improve with each new update for sure!

Meanwhile you can use AI Structure and Denoise > Color Denoise tools to eliminate this effect. If you have any further questions, we would be glad to answer them via https://skylum.com/support. Thanks!

Comment actions Permalink
    Springer 55

Thank you for the quick reply!

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Springer 55,

No worries :)

We also received a follow up from our development team. They state that such gradient might be also caused by too small image resolution. The bigger resolution your image has, the smoother effect would be. Were you editing RAW images?

Thanks!

Florin Neacsu

Luminar AI today Feb.22, 2022.

Tania Taylor

Hi Florin Neacsu!

Do I understand it correctly that the artifacts appeared on the photo after you applied the Enhance AI tool? Did you apply any other tools or adjustments? 

Could you please send us the original photo so that we could test our AI algorithms on it?

Here's how you can send us the files:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rene Diaz

Florin,

I have the same problem with Luminar AI and Luminar Neo.  I hate it, and I often have to start over. 

Questions: 

1) I have been searching this forum for quite a while. I found no answers to simple the questions, have you? (A) what causes this problem?    (B) how to fix it or at least avoid it? 

2) What is the proper terminology for this problem?   I have seen in this forum and others places using various terms.  They have called it:  (a) “artifacts”, but this term is too general, and ambiguous.  (B) Worm pattern, worm effect or worm affect ?!  (C) banding?  (D) Grid pattern? 

Either way, what exactly causes it, and how do you fix it or how do you avoid it when using Luminar products? 

What does Luminar call it? 

I am not very happy with my Luminar software, and I am thinking of giving up on it.  I have purchased Luminar 3, 4, AI and Neo, each one is disappointing, albeit in a different way! 

Rene Diaz

Florin,

I have the same problem with Luminar AI and Luminar Neo.  I hate it, and I often have to start over. 

Questions: 

1) I have been searching this forum for quite a while. I found no answers to simple the questions, have you? (A) what causes this problem?    (B) how to fix it or at least avoid it? 

2) What is the proper terminology for this problem?   I have seen in this forum and others places using various terms have been used:  (a) “artifacts” this term is too general, and ambiguous.  (B) Worm pattern, worm effect or worm affect ?!  (C) banding?  (D) Grid pattern? 

Either way, what exactly causes it, and how do you fix it or how to avoid it? 

What does Luminar call it? 

I am not very happy with my Luminar software, and I am thinking of giving up on it.  I have purchased Luminar 3, 4, AI and Neo, each one is disappointing, albeit in a different way! 

Alina Skylum

Hi Rene Diaz,

We'd be grateful if you could also send us the files:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

Please sign in to leave a comment.