Catalog not Found

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Ian Murrell

Andrew Wyatt

Andrew, is this the message you refer to?

It probably shouldn't come up if you have done a complete new installation, because that would likely start a new catalog in the process, however if this is the message you refer to, you could start a new catalog by clicking on the Create New Catalog and then selecting a location.

This message would appear for instance if your catalog was on an external drive, and that drive was not connected when you opened Luminar 4.  If you know the location of your catalog, then perhaps try the "Choose a Different Catalog" to manually connect to it.

Comment actions Permalink
    Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Andrew Wyatt,

In case you still experience issue with opening your catalog, do not hesitate to contact us via https://skylum.com/support. Thank you!

Andrew Wyatt

Thank you for the comments....Just to let you all know. I have completely removed the software and re-intsalled it several times, and the error message continues to pop up. Also, I have attempted to choose a new catalog, and it doesn't allow me to do that either. I get a match not found. 

Helena Carter

Hi Andrew,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a better way.

Darryl Brooks

Another bug not fixed after months. Get this every time I open Luminar. Create new catalog every time. 

Darryl Brooks

How many do you think I need to create?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Darryl,

You shouldn't need to be creating a new catalog each time you launch the software. Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can look in to your particular case.

Lynette Love

I have the same problem as Darryl - every single time I launch Luminar as a plugin from Photoshop, I have to create a new catalogue.

Another thing, is that more often than not, the Luminar Plugin does not work properly (I make changes to an image, and when I press "apply", it goes back to Photoshop without applying the changes, taking several minutes of my valuable time from start to finish, with no results)! I had such high hopes for Luminar 4, but the fact that I am already getting several marketing emails a week, asking me to invest in the new Luminar AI, when last year's Luminar 4 is STILL not working properly! 

If Luminar 4 would just work properly every time I try to use it (and if it wouldn't take ages to open & apply filters), it would be a miracle product. Sadly, all I feel is disappointment. :( Please do not ask me to reach out to support - you guys should try & post viable solutions in this thread. 

Anastasia Davis

Hi Lynette! The reason why we usually ask users to reach our customers is that investigation via emails is more efficient. Each case is unique and should be looked at individually. Thus, I would ask you too to reach our support.

Meanwhile, confirm the following:

You are logged in as Admin.

Luminar is installed to the default location.

Your catalog is located in the default location.

Your antivirus software is not the case.

Lynette Love

Hi there Anastasia! 

I have since uninstalled & reinstalled Luminar 4, which seemed to solve the "Catalogue Not Found" issue.

Thank you. :)

Please sign in to leave a comment.