AI Sky Enhancer is thwarted by Cropping

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Remo Navoni

Repeated the above actions exactly, but found that 'AI Sky Enhancing' applies to the cropped image, and the part of the image that was removed by the cropping has now returned un-enhanced. In the attached photo, the top part and right side was intended to be cropped and it did do so until AI Sky Enhancing was applied. Now the top part has returned, (but oddly, not the right side). The exported image looks like this:-

Comment actions Permalink
    Margaret Bright

Hi Kerry, Remo,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Could you please let us know your version of Luminar? You can check it via Help > About Luminar 4.

Remo Navoni

Margaret... 

Luminar ver 4.4.2 (5577)

Margaret Bright

Hi everyone,

Our team is already working on a fix for this. The fix should be included in one of the next updates.

But in the meantime, I can suggest a workaround for you: please try enhancing the sky on the base layer. It should enhance the whole sky this way.

Kerry Sainsbury

Just for completeness, my version is 4.2.0 (5577).

Do you have a bug bounty? I'd be keen on an upgrade from Aurora 2018 to 2019 -- especially since 2020 can't be far away... :-)

Margaret Bright

Hi Kerry,

Please get in touch with our support team via https://skylum.com/support and attach the link to this posting to your request. I am sure they will be able to figure something out ;) 

Daniel Cebulla

I have a similar bug resulting by using the sky enhancer and the lens correction in combination. Both is used on the same layer. Any news about this?

Elena Blum

Hi Daniel,

It looks like the issue you've got is a known one. The fix for it will be baked into one of the next updates.

Please sign in to leave a comment.