Menus and Submenus in Luminar 4 go blank and disappear

Answered

Comments

10 comments

• Official comment
    Kate Williams

Hi, 

This sounds like the issue our techs are currently investigating.

Please reach out to our team at support@skylum.com and provide us with the following info so that we could verify whether it's the case for you too: 

1) a screen recording of the issue. 
    You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request. 

2. Your hardware configuration:

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Rob Strower

That one is DirectX GFX card related.

All the best,

Robin

Christopher Barkey

Experiencing the same issues. Plus that the picture I am editing is getting distorted for a few seconds when changing settings.

Sounds like massive rendering problems?!

Latest Win 10 Home, latest Luminar 4, latest nvidia graphics card driver (RTX 2060 super).

Is there some news about this as Kate Williams said they are already investigating?

Best regards

Chris

Victoria Grace

Hi guys,

Our techs seem to have found a solution to this issue. Please, reach them via https://skylum.com/support so that they could sort this out to you.

Christopher Barkey

Victoria Grace "Seem to …" :D Why don't you offer solution here? Always the same with your support. And in the end we have to re-install, delete this, move that …

Victoria Grace

Hi Christopher,

We'd just like to help you individually to make the process as easy as possible for you. However, if you wish, you may try the following steps to make it up and running.

• If updating the drivers does not help, could you please try to disable Nahimic (or nahimicservice.exe) in your Task Manager? (How to run a task manager: click here)

If you're prompted to restart the computer after you disable this service, please make sure to run Task Manager once again after the restart and verify that this service is still disabled. 

Once you've made sure that Nahimic is not active, please try to run Luminar 4.2.0 and check whether the issue persists. 

Christopher Barkey

Victoria Grace Thank you for the quick reply with helpful information. My Luminar 4 GUI is now working as expected, after I killed nahimic service and removed Sonic Radar from my system. Can you give information or a quick recap about why an audio driver causes issues in GUI in your software?

Margaret Bright

Hi Christopher,

Our team is currently still investigating this issue and what causes it. Unfortunately, at this time I don't have the information on this matter, but we will keep you updated.

I am glad to hear that everything works fine now! :)

Brian Svendsen

Hi Luminar team,

I had the same issues with buttons and menus disappearing when moused over. The tip from Victoria Grace about audio drivers gave me an idea to look at my own audio devices.

I have an ASUS ROG Centurion gaming headset with ASUS own audio drivers, after closing the ASUS audio program in task manager Luminar 4 was working again.

So the issue seems to be related to audio drivers somehow?

Just wanted to share the informaiton.

Margaret Bright

Hi Brian,

This issue appears to be connected to the audio drivers. Our team is still looking into this.

Please sign in to leave a comment.