Just updated to luminar 4.2, keeps crashing every time I open it

Answered

Comments

26 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry to hear that! Please reach out to www.skylum.com/support so our techs can investigate the crash.

Comment actions Permalink

I am having the same issue. I have deleted and reinstalled the program several times, but it continues to crash.  I had the trial version and loved it so I decided to purchase the program.  Since I have purchased it, the program keeps crashing.  I have it had the program for only two days.  I hope it can be corrected. 

I found a fix from a person of FB that showed me how to go into Finder, then folders, and how to delete the crash file.  The program is now working. 

Ken Salmon

I am having the same problem it keeps crashing, what the SOLUTION vary frustrated?? 

The above corrected the issue for me.  I am not a computer expert and I am new to Luminar 4.  There are several groups on Facebook for the software.  I jointed a couple and I have found a lot of support.  Hopefully this helps.  I blocked out the name of the person who provided me the information because I did not ask permission before posting this.  

Austin Miller

Hi all! Please reach us here so we can investigate your issue - skylum.com/support!

Austin Miller

Hi all!

Please try the following solution to fix the crash:

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Let us know how it worked.
    Mark Hume

Austin,

this worked for me.

Thanks

Elena Blum

Hi Mark,

Great to hear! 

Have a nice day!

Ellen Rosenberg

nope didn't work.. i used it a half an hour ago.. .then boom won't open from PS now. . I can open it as separate app,, but that is not how i do it... help.. .

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ellen,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate your particular case. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ellen Rosenberg

I have sent two emails.. willl send another.. 

Helga Hufflepuff

Ellen Rosenberg,

Replied to your e-mail. Thanks!

Paul Heath

Hi 

I’m having the same issue. I’ve been through the change catalogue routine and reinstalled. Works fine for a few edits then crashes again. Happened three times. Judging by the number of others sharing a similar fate there is clearly a global issue that doesn’t need us to keep sending you our crash files - they’ll all be the same. I assume you’re working on an update/fix? When will this be resolved please ? In the meantime I’m reverting to Affinity

Regards

Kirk Osborn

Hi Paul. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support so we could investigate your case.

Carlos Garza

For now the solution of Austin Miller has worked. 

I have Luminar 4.2 

Jon Saunders

Same thing just happened to me. Deleting that crash file did the trick!

Austin Miller Solution did work for me 👍🏻
    Couldn't try the other solution as I dont see a /SentryCrash folder under /Library/Caches

Andrew Edgecomb

Deleting the SentryCrash file worked like a charm. Thanks for posting that! The screenshot at the start of this thread is pretty much identical to the error I was repeatedly getting. 

Bramley Johnson

Hello all. Does this work for when the program freezes? My program isn’t “crashing” and closing. It’s simply freezing and not allowing me to click anything (usually happens after exporting).
    Luminar support wasn’t helpful - reinstall but use a 3rd party removal program which I am not about to do.
    Any suggestions? Thanks!

Margaret Bright

Hi Bramley,

If the app freezes on export, please try the following:

1. Ensure that you have all the read-and-write permissions for the export directory, try changing it (preferably, internal drive). 

2. Ensure that the image file is not exceeding 15,000 pixels on one of the edges. 

3. There is also a solution to reset your PRAM. This way, your computer will work faster. Here is how you can do that:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063 

Please note that you might be asked to reset some of your computer adjustments such as date and time, mouse settings etc.

You can also get back to our support team and ask for an alternative solution - they will be happy to further assist you.

Tamer Zourob

Hi Austin,

This worked for me.

Thanks 😊 

Joe Jukkrit Wanichinchai

Hi Austin Miller,

Thank you so much 

Jodi Rumer

This worked for me as well.

Bramley Johnson

Having the same issue. However it seems that it will now freeze only on the first export. Force quit, reopen and it seems to work from there on.

Please sign in to leave a comment.