Major Problems with Luminar 4.2 update UNUSABLE

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Mike,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please send us a screen recording of the issue.
    You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into an email to support@skylum.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Geoffrey Hahn

I'm not experiencing the lag times you are describing.  On my windows computer, loading a catalog with way more than 153 photos takes as long as it takes to scroll to the bottom of the list, and opening a raw file from a Nikon D7100 (~30MB) takes 6-8 seconds.  There could be a whole lot of different things that might be causing the performance issues you're describing, so you might want to contact Skylum support directly (I bet that's what you'll be told to do before this thread is closed).  As to the issue with the sky replacement tool, that's a known "feature" of the program.  If you want to apply a new sky to an image that you need to rotate, you have to first save the rotated image, then open that copy, then apply the new sky.  Stupid?  Yes, but that's the way the program works.

Mike Leslie

Thank you, I found that if I have an empty catalog and do a edit single photo or use as a plugin from photoshop things a much faster.  Also thanks for the heads up on the sky replacement issue.

Mike Leslie

Geoffrey:

When I was stating 153 images than was just in 1 folder in my catalog, I have over 19,000 images total in the catalog.

Ian Murrell

Mike Leslie

Mike, in regard to your portrait photo being shown rotated, you might find this interesting.

https://www.nikonimgsupport.com/na/NSG_article?articleNo=000026049&configured=1&lang=en_SG

Geoffrey Hahn

Well, then, you're just running into another known issue.  You have way too many photos in that one catalog.  It's been recommended since the catalog tool was introduced that you should keep the number of images in any single catalog down to a reasonable number, though I've never seen what a recommended number of images per catalog would be.  I find that if I set up one catalog for each year, the response time is quite reasonable.  The downside, of course, is you'll lose any edits you have made in the current catalog.

Mike Leslie

I have a Luminar catalog with 1981 images and it takes 3.5 minutes to have images display at the end of the browse when I scroll to the bottom of the grid then watching task manager process after 5 minutes it is using on average 60%CPU, to do same task in LR classic with 45,914 images, from start to scrolling to last image in the grid 54.16 seconds.  I have the solution, they can release Luminar 5, add some some stupid tool which pro's do not want or need, and charge us a ghastly amount for upgrade, BUT not fix any of the problems.  At this rate Skylum will never be able to compete with LR or Capture One.    Also I did what support requested "Delete and Re-Install" to no avail.

Please sign in to leave a comment.