Luminar 4.2 Buggy

Answered

Comments

28 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Craig,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please send us a screen recording of the issue.
    You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into an email to support@skylum.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Martin Ische

The same with me, alle photos are distorted and in the editing dialogs the settings disappear with MouseOver.

Now you cannot even work with the program anymore.

In my opinion we are the victim of Russian bullshit and they are laughing their heads off because we are still ready to test their messed up program.

Bill Adam

Exactly the problem I reported a week ago.  Support could not replicate the problem and I had to revert back to 4.1

Victoria Grace

Hi guys,

Please, send us the screen recording of the issue as suggested above and be sure we'll do our best to help you out!

Also, please, include the URL of this post, so that we could refer to it. Thanks!

Piste Moukari

I'm having exactly similar problems, cannot work at all at the moment. Very disappointing quality control in my opinion.

Craig Fouche

Angela Andrieux I have sent the details to Skylum Support, along with the video.

Victoria Grace

Hi Craig, we've just sent you an email, please, check you inbox (the spam folder as well).

Craig Fouche

Victoria Grace replied.

Craig Fouche

Just an update:

I was told I had 2 video drivers on my gaming Laptop - Intel and GeForce and I had to reinstall the drivers.

This could be a video driver issue.

At first I was hesitant - my drivers are manufacturer based and they were the latest versions.

I tried the uninstall with Guru3D and reinstalled.

Essentially it did not work at all.

Angela Andrieux why does the Luminar team release such buggy software?

Victoria Grace has a solution been found?

Piste Moukari

Hey Craig, thanks for the update. I think my issue could be similar to yours, as I have 2 video drivers on my gaming laptop (MSI Prestige). However it's brand new with latest drivers, so I really doubt reinstalling drivers would do anything - but I will try and report if it helps.

Craig Fouche

Piste Moukari Cool, let us know

Pratap B

Same issue here. The slider starts to disappear when i hover the mouse over them and the image randomly crops.

This new update is UNUSABLE.

Alexandre Sayada

Exact same issue here, the app is visually glitched and it zooms in and out everytime i change something. Is there any way to have a link to the older version until this is fixed please? Victoria Grace

Thanks 

Piste Moukari

Tried reinstalling graphic drivers, but it didn't help. 

So I would appreciate instructions & links how to revert back to the old version.

Bernard Kleinrouweler

Same issue! Very annoying.

Updating graphic drivers no effect whatsoever.

Requested link for the older version (4.1.1) which worked fine.

David Rossi

4.2 works fine for me.  Not one issue.  I am on a current 8-core i9 MacBook Pro with 32 gig and AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 gig.

Alexandre Sayada

Unless you have one of these for every one of us, you aren't really helping this discussion...

David Rossi

Fair enough. Well, I just bought the new one because my 2012 MacBook wouldn’t run Luminar well at all.

Craig Fouche

Up to now, Skylum has not been able to help.

The last suggestion was, to totally disable the Intel Graphics Drivers on my machine. I said no.

Back to 4.1.1 until they can sort this out.

Alexandre Sayada

Could you tell us how you did to switch back to the older version please? It's impossible using the app the way it is right now

Kate Williams

Everyone, we're now investigating this issue. Once our techs have an update regarding this problem, we'll get back to you. 

If you'd like to revert to the previous version in the meantime, you can use this link: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline_411.exe 

You may want to backup your Luminar Catalog folder in a zip format before that. 

Bernard Kleinrouweler

Reverted back to 4.1.1.

Everything OK now.

tnx

Craig Fouche

Angela Andrieux and Victoria Grace has the issue been resolved with the visual bugs in Luminar 4.2?

Has a new version been released?

Thanks.

Victoria Grace

Hi Craig,

Our techs has found the problem and they are currently working on fixing it asap. Thanks for your patience and understanding on this matter!

Bill Adam

I too would appreciate an update on the status of this problem.

Yolo Camille Mariano

i have same issue, i've tried updating my video card and other windows update same issue. Also i tried reformat my pc same issue also.  In my Windows 10 i7 8700k . got issue but in my mac no issue at all. 

Hoping to resolve this issue,

Thnak you

Christian Damian

Same issues, 4.2 not usable on my PC and needed to reinstall 4.1.1 which works fine. Nevertheless I appreciate especially the performance improvements made in 4.2 - so please keep on working on this, Luminar Team.

Elena Blum

Hi All,

Indeed, there are some issues in Luminar 4.2. Some of them will be currently fixed, others are still under investigation, but our tech team  is doing its best to fix them as well.

If you experience any issues, please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to take a closer look at what’s going on right away. It would be really helpful if send screenshots, files or screen recording, so we can be faster in finding the solution for it. Thanks!

Post is closed for comments.