New Luminar 4.2 Update: New Tools Turn Luminar Into a Creative Powerhouse

Pinned Featured

Comments

48 comments

Peter Osswald

Hello,

can i have a direct Downloadlink for the update. On my Computer at work i don´t have internet connection rights an if i want to start luminar as admin i got the message that i have to renew the license.

Best regards

Peter

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Gorski

Hi, 

The update stops in the middle when trying to update from within Luminar. Is there an update file I can download and install it without opening L4?

Georg Kohr

Hello,

same issue here. I´d need the offline installer too.
    THX very much in advance and best regards

Georg

PS: Stay all in good health

Austin Miller

Hi all! Here is the offline installer for Windows - https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.exe. Also, please try to connect to a different internet connection.

Jim McNaughton

The Update in L4 on my Mac errors with.

"An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later."

Is there an offline update for Mac.

Thanks

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jim,

Give this a try: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg

If the problem persists, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support.

Wayne

4.2 update is not working. I have tried both from the application as well as a downloaded updater. Nothing is working to update right now that I can find.

Jim McNaughton

Thanks...   That worked fine... 

Wayne

In fact, now the luminar 4 version 1.4 shows no update available...

Angela Andrieux

Hi Wayne - Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can take a closer look at the issues you're experiencing.

Wayne

The windows off line installer above does not install version 4.2, shows 4.1.1 (5343).

Robert Gorski

Yeah, it is 4.1.1 

Jeeeez, how hard it can be to make sure it is all ready to go... really annoying

George DeCamp

Tried both ways both inside program using update and also using link above. Both ways says "oops having problem installing try again later"

Seems it's happening to several people reading above?

a. garibovic

Windows offline version 4.1.1 (5343). OK no more jokes, now please post update v4.2 thanks!

bill komissaroff

Just upgraded on Windows 10.  No problems upgrading.  It took about 3 minutes.  When I re-opened the program there was a message about the database (don't remember the exact wording) re-organizing (?).  That took a couple of seconds and then everything was set and ready to go.  So far so good.

I immediately found a photo in my library with a big sky and started playing with the AI Augmented Sky.  Pretty cool!  I think I will get some good use out of it   Question:  Is there a way to add more then one object to a photo?  Am I missing something?

Thanks 

bill komissaroff

Just noticed after the upgrade.  I made some basic adjustments to a photo and then exported it to a new folder.  The original photo is 8mb but the exported one with the same dimensions is 18.2mb.  Is this right?

Michael Jahnke

I installed version 4.2 and encountered a crash and sluggish response and then a lockup. I have had all versions and have never had a problem. I'm using a PC. Pretty frustrating . May have to go back to LR if this isn't fixed.

Morris Altman

The offline install provided is for the previous version.  I would not need to use the offline installer if when I clicked help/check it discovered an update.  I have never had the regular installer work.  Luminar should suspend new features development and fix there installer!

Your product may be great yet you waste a huge amount of our time and your support departments time with install issues.  

Please provide a way to upgrade.

Thank you,

Morris

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

If you're having trouble with the update, please try using one of the offline installers:

Windows:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.exe

Mac:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg

If that doesn't resolve your issue, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can take a look at your particular case.

Please keep in mind that messages get buried/lost in long forum threads. This is why we ask that you contact us directly so we can better track and resolve any issues you might be experiencing. Thanks!!

Hi,

Under Windows 7 Luminar 4 ver 4.1.1(5343) dont see the new version when using check for updates menu.

Is there an offlline update for ver 4.2?

Had to use the off-line installer to get 4.2 installed on my Mac (as I did for my install of 4.1). Other than that slight glitch it's been completely stable as the desktop app and when using within Apple Photos, and I love the new features.  I'm new to Luminar, only been using it a couple of weeks, and I love it.  The ability to swap out my drab, blown-out sky for something which looks like I remember from taking the photos has been a revelation.  So happy to have found this application.

George DeCamp

Last off-line installer worked this time! Thank you

Jeff Holmes

STILL NO LUCK WITH UPGRADE!.  NO LUCK WITH CUSTOMER SUPPORT.  ABYSMAL

Victoria Grace

Hi Jeff,

Have you tried the offline installer above? If so, please, reach us at www.skylum.com/support so that we could make it work for you.

Wayne

Not sure why it took 3 times to get the correct link posted, the offline link above does indeed get us the actual 4.2 offline installation link and 4.2 software.

This certainly was much harder than it needed to be.

Robert Turner

Upgrade to 4.2 only worked thru the offline loader from the link posted 11 hours before mine.

jean-pierre delmur

impossible de mettre à jour de Luminar 4.1 vers 4.2. message d'erreur : OUPS !  ......

Je suis en train de télécharger à partir du lien.

Jeff Holmes

Still not working.  I tried offline and it still shows error.  I even tried to download a "free trial" and that won't work.  My editions still shows that is up to date.  No matter what I do I can't get 4.2

Dishant Sharma

On WIndows 10 - Tried Help >> check for updates and its showing Luminar 4 4.1.0(5191) is currently the newest version available.

The offline setup doesnt work either, gives an error at 28% (tried multiple times)

jean-pierre delmur

rien ne fonctionne, ni le lien ci dessus, ni le téléchargement msi, soit erreur à 80%, soit erreur à 28%

Please sign in to leave a comment.