• Official comment
    Victoria Grace

Hi guys,

You may try using the offline installers if you've faced the update issue:

Win OS:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.exe

Mac OS:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg

Speaking of the graphics and performance problems you've mentioned above, please, reach us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can take a look at your particular case. Thanks!

Comment actions Permalink
    Jon Bish

Ananstasia

"J Bish Hi! We are aware of some issues, we are working on them. Please reach our support team so we could help with your particular case: https://skylum.com/support"

Have already been through all of that... No fixes in over 3mths... Unacceptable no matter how you spin it...

Stefan Puffer

I probably won't even bother with the update as I've pretty much given up using Luminar.  It's such garbage that I don't even publish my affiliate link anymore because I just can't recommend this software to anyone. 

Every time I run 4.2 (on Windows 10) it asks for the activation code?

Luca Santirocco

Reed Harrison

Looks like I am one of the folks who can't get Luminar 4.2 to load after successful installation.  Followed tech support guidance and made sure Windows10 had all the updates in place and still no success.  Was very happy with previous release, any quick tips on downgrading back?

Szilveszter Zoltán

Need a correct offline installers link because the above link points to 4.1.1 version. I am trying to update to 4.2.

Launching the Luminar 4.1 can't update to 4.2

Jon Bish

Here's a screen capture video of glitches happening in real time...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=117sNk9Hn4vTWJTqp6tEmjcAAavzExCYU 

Regards

Terry Hight

attempting to update to 4.2   

keep getting Luminar 4 4.1.1 (5343) is the currently newest version 

Attempted the offline it just reinstalled same version . 4.1 

on windows 7 

Thomas S.

I can't update to 4.2. The following message always comes up:

System: Windows 7

Wolfgang Jarcik

..... Therefore, please rest assured that every day Luminar is getting better.....

haha — how is that supposed to work without an update? the update that has been promised for months is still not available - neither for Luminar 4 and certainly not for Luminar 3. May is long gone.

STAY TUNED !!!

M L

I just came back from a short trip with 1100 pictures and hoped the update has already been released because end of May or begin of June was mentioned. Sadly...no update yet, so I had to do parallel editing with LR and Luminar as Luminar on its own would be way to slow for a lot of edits in a row...waiting times, export times,...although I love a lot of edit options in Luminar 4 it is just not possible without at least doubling the edit time - if not even way more.

Any news concerning the update? I would really like to use Luminar 4 but like this I personally can only use it for single edits but no batch edits of > 50 shots.

Saravana Janardhan

I get the below error. please help.

Jon Bish

@ Paul ... Mine after install said the same thing... I clicked ok and relaunched application... I am having many graphical issues within new update,,, Arrows showing just a black box unless scrolling over them with mouse, preview/zoom window is not working correctly after an edit... Buttons disappearing... Has frozen already once... 

System is

Win 10 64b Pro

AMD 3900x 12 Core

32gb Ram

C Drive 500gb NVME 

Thomas Hugel

Whenever I change a control such as brightness or colors or perform another action, the zoom of the image changes. With this version it is no longer possible to edit photos.

Stanford Thornton
    1. J Bish see if this helps.

1. Reboot your computer.
    2. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\UserName\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for Luminar Catalog folder, search your custom location.
    3. Remove the Luminar Catalog folder.
    4. Start Luminar. This time it should open without errors.
    5. When adding an image folder to your Luminar catalog, specify another folder with photos (not the one you pointed Luminar to before encountering the error
    Justin Bonaparte

Any update on the bug where every time I run Luminar 4.2 I have to enter my activation code?

Jon Bish

Y'all released an update that broke most systems from being able to use this software... Someone needs to fix whats busted instead of just taking money and not fixing the issues by recommending a band-aide work around... Folks paid good money to give your software a go and have been let down... Next step for many I'm sure is to start asking for a refund because the software does not work@ last update... Honestly... I haven't used it since last update broke it... And to me that's an issue... You cannot say its system related... I built a 3,000.00 system and it still does not work...lmaoo...

Wolfgang Jarcik

Genau die gleiche Ankündigung hatten wir die vergangenen Monate.

M L

I am very excited to see if it will be postponed again.

Wolfgang Jarcik Das stimmt. ;-)  Hoffen wir das Beste.

Kurt Friis Hansen

Hi, “daughter of Egil”

Wouldn’t it help, if we - mere mortals actually paying for the, ahem, “privilege” with our own money - also were endowed with a chance to evaluate an actual release version 4.3.0? Like Lenin is supposed to have said: “Trust is fine, but control (verification ;-) better!”

Just checked on my Windows 10 Pro machine, and my Luminar 4.2.0 informs me, that, my version is current.

So, ehhh... you’ve probably gotten the releases mixed up (we customers get the flaky beta versions, while the (possibly) working release versions are reserved for internal pre-release testing (since I’ve still to see an actually, somewhat working release since the (also) ‘orrible 2018 and 3.x versions!!

Sigh...

Wolfgang Jarcik

just as I expected - June will be extended, the end of the month will be later. Skylum should hire a good programmer to finally fix the problems. We have been holding customers for months, not a single problem has been solved. We paid good money and still can't use Luminar (neither 3 nor 4) properly.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Austin,

and how about Luminar 3?

M L

Where have you these news from? There was still no info about 4.3 and skylum still communicates there default message of "no ETA probably within a month"…?!

no pressure at all ... just manage the right job with a stable release!

Austin Miller

Hi Mark,

Your anti-virus software and firewall may be the issue. Please try the following:

If the solution above doesn't work, please send us your Hosts file for review to support@skylum.com. The file is located here:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi.  I'm using Norton and I disabled it and same problem.

My hosts file is just the default that comes with Windows 10, I've made no edits.

Worked fine on 4.1.  Maybe I was too hasty with the upgrade?

Tim Nodelman

Hi,

I'm trying to update Luminar 4.1.0 version to 4.2 version on Mac with getting error

Saravana Janardhan

Update: Looks like there is some issue with installer trying to access/write to "C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4" folder. If i rename and run installer it completes successfully.

Developers check if this has something to do with the issue with installer.

The above link points to 4.1.1 version. I am trying to update to 4.2.

Michael Oertel

I reseted all my licenses (Windows) of Luminar 4.

When I activate the new Version 4.2, in the License Manager the OS "Mac" will be displayed.

This is not correct - of course.

Please sign in to leave a comment.