Aurora HDR Installation - No Internet Connection!?

Answered

Comments

12 comments

Austin Miller

Hi Brian. As far as I can see your hosts file is modified. Please try resetting the hosts file to the default and try installing Aurora HDR once again. Here is the link where you can check how to reset the hosts file - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default. If the issue persists please contact us here - skylum.com/support

Comment actions Permalink
    Brian Allan

Resetting the hosts file didn't work.  However, Skylum sent me an different installer that did work.

bwa

Ines Schoenherr

Same problem here. Fresh installation of Windows 10. Alternative installer (from FAQ) worked.

Brian Allan

I hope they implement the alternative installer as the primary one...

Did you also perform the update?  I had the same problem with the update; however, in that case McAfee did NOT like the update and reported it as a virus!

I've never had these problems with Luminar 4 so there must be something different in Skylum's approach to Aurora HDR?

Phil Wright

I never had a problem with Aurora HDR 2019 but then I updated it and it stuffed things up(plug-ins).  I removed all traces of Aurora HDR and tried to re-install it.
    Now I have the same problem as above and it will not install because it can't find my Internet.  
    From where do I get the alternative installer???

Brian Allan

Phil, contact Skylum support.  They responded to me in about two hours.

bwa

Kate Williams

Phil , we've processed your request. The issue with the plugins has already been reported and will be investigated. We'll keep you posted. 

Brian, sometimes, legitimate files are flagged incorrectly by antivirus. It may be a good idea to add both apps to its exception list. 

Brian Allan

Kate,

I added the original installer to the unblocked list; no success.

The alternative installer ran with no problems.

I have no idea what to add to the unblock list for the update which runs without an indicated file, i.e.: no downloaded installer.  However, disabling McAfee allowed the update to run successfully.

bwa

Angela Andrieux

Hi Brian,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can take a closer look at the issue. They'll do their best to get you up and running ASAP!

Brian Allan

I'm fully operational now, thanks to your support people.

bwa

Angela Andrieux

You're very welcome! Glad to hear you're up and running!

Herman Antuma

Had the same issue and commented (place a # at the beginning) in the drivers\etc\hosts file the line:

# 127.0.0.1 view-localhost # view localhost server

That's worked for me and the installer ran flawless 

Please sign in to leave a comment.