Update Luminar 4.4.1 to v4.4.2

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Remo Navoni

Further to the above update attempt, I finally managed to download and install version 4.2 successfully. My question still stands - why all this trouble and waste of time to perform an update?

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Remo, 

Happy to hear that you're up and running now. 

Such error is usually received when the installer has trouble connecting to the servers.

Your anti-virus software and firewall may be the issue.

In this case, we usually suggest the following:

If the solution above doesn't work, please reach out to us at support@skylum.com and send us your Hosts file for review. The file is located here:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

We'll check it for you!

Larry Bartholomew

I'm running 4.4.1 on a Windows 10 machine.  When I go to Check for Updates, it tells me I'm running the latest version.  Is there some other option to get a link to the update?

Derek Misener

Same issue:

"I'm running 4.4.1 on a Windows 10 machine.  When I go to Check for Updates, it tells me I'm running the latest version.  Is there some other option to get a link to the update?"

Remo Navoni

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think certain geographical areas are given the opportunity to update to a new version before it is released worldwide. I was offered version 4.4.2  a week ago which has several new features and enhancements. After some initial trouble installing it, it is now up and running. I'm very happy with it.  

Angela Andrieux

Hi Larry & Derek,

There can be some delay in availability as we roll out the update worldwide. However, it should be available to all now. If you're not seeing it, please try installing the updating using one the link below:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.exe

If you have any other issues with the update please reach out to www.skylum.com/support so our techs can look into it.

Derek Misener

I downloaded the file and installed it, and no update to 4.2. I then checked the file that you linked and it's the same version:

Luminar 4.1.1.5343 offline setup

Seems it shouldn't be this difficult.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Derek,

You're right - it should be pretty simple. However, I'm not sure why this link isn't working for you. Please reach out to our support team at www.skylum.com/support so our techs resolve it and get you up and running on 4.2 ASAP.

Andy Homer

I'm having the same issue with Mac download, i have turned off firewall and even tried re-installing but nothing seems to work, just wont connect its getting so frustrating a simple software update is a nightmare, thinking of moving to another platform if continues 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Andy,

Please try the offline installer: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg

If the problem persists, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so our techs can look into your particular case.

Please sign in to leave a comment.