Issues with .auh files

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Yoni,

Thank you for your comment.

Could you please let us know what kind of edits you applied to your image before you saved it as Aurora HDR project (.auh file)? Did you crop your image by any chance? If possible, please send us the answer via Contact Support form: https://skylum.com/support

We appreciate all your feedback and time you took to bring this up to our attention. 

There are updates planned for Aurora HDR as well, however there is no exact timeline for the possible issue you reported. We do not have ETA when next update is released, since development team is currently focusing on Luminar. 

Please, bear with us and stay tuned. If you have any other questions or suggestions, we would love to hear them.

Comment actions Permalink
    Yoni Ross

Thanks for the quick response.

I don't remember what edits were applied, but I'm sure that I had cropped the image. For the future, is that something I should avoid when saving the .auh file? It would be really useful to know. In the meantime, I did a quick redo with some random edits, but no crop, and the file opened no problem. (Sorry - couldn't figure out where in the contact support form to post this.)

Just a suggestion - a small update to the software which would give a warning when saving an image which had been cropped would be very useful and could save a lot of people a lot of aggravation. And speaking for myself, I'm a lot more forgiving of software bugs when the company is up-front about them and provides a workaround until they are properly fixed.

Yoni Ross

Hi Helga.

Since I posted this, there has been an Aurora update, but it did not address either of the issues (in particular #1, which is clearly a bug with the software).

Any idea when this might be addressed?

Thanks in advance.

Victoria Grace

Hi Yoni,

Could you please send our support team your .auh files that crashes so that our techs could check it on their end?

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your email to support@skylum.com

Also, please include the URL to this post so that we could refer to it. Thanks in advance!

Yoni Ross

This is a known issue, and I'm not sure why you need to see an example file, but I'll play along. I'm uploading the file to wetransfer.com now, and I put the support@ email address as the recipient, with the URL to this post in the message.

Kate Williams

Hi Yoni, 

There are indeed some issues related to corrupt .auh files. In particular when it comes to crop before saving the project file. 

The latest update that was issued regrettably did not address them. I am sorry for this. 

I also do appreciate your willingness to cooperate! Such files are collected and forwarded to our tech team so that they could have more material for tests. Thus, even though the issue is a known one, your contribution was important. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.