Unable to launch the trial version (WIndows 10 pro x64 1909)

Answered

Comments

4 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Naruto!
    Please send your event logs to our support team:

• Reproduce the issue.
    • Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    • Click Application in the directory tree.
    • In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    • Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    • Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    • Name the file, save it, and attach it to your support request at skylum.com/support.

We will look into the issue ASAP!

Comment actions Permalink
    Naruto Uzumaki

I sent over the support request.

I included application error log but I never got a .net runtime error. I tried multiple times to reproduce the issue and search for it, as well as clearing all logs to have a clean view for easier searching, and so far a .net runtime error is never generated.

I included the system info dofrom dxdiag also.

As for the event, I  attached the file though the details are all pretty mucht he same each time it crashes.

Aurora HDR 2019.exe
          5cb713d5
          d3d9.dll
          c808fce5
          c0000005
          00000000000ac44e
          5cc
          01d5eccb3f176250
          C:\Program Files\Skylum\Aurora HDR\Aurora HDR 2019.exe
          C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
          2356045f-204f-4262-b9a9-b287166538a3

Angela Andrieux

Hi Naruto,

Thanks for sending the support request. One of our techs will be in touch as soon as possible. Have a great day!

Naruto Uzumaki

It seems the issue was caused by RivaTuner Statistics server. As well as other applications that behave like it.

The crash is unrelated to GPU or memory clock speed.

Hopefully this can be fixed since more and more users will be using these applications, especially considering they become almost a necessity for RTX cards where the cooling in most AIB vendors will provide ample cooling for a higher power target, where a simple boost of the power target and careful adjustment of the voltage limit can allow the 5%+ extra performance without overclocking, thus being truly a set it and forget it starting point.

Please sign in to leave a comment.