Edit Mask

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Bill,

I can see how making the brush settings "sticky" would be very helpful. I'll share the suggestion with our developers.

As for moving your image while zoomed, please hold down the space bar - it will change the icon to the hand and enable you to grab/move the image.

Comment actions Permalink
    bill komissaroff

Thx!

Alfred Zommers

Why is there no edit mask in the Essentials tab and also in Dodge & Burn?

I have found a way to create a mask in both by adding an adjustment layer first, add a mask and then using the tools in Essentials and Dodge & Burn but it is a bit fiddly.

If masking is available in all other tools I see no reason why it couldn't be added to Essentials and especially Dodge and Burn.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Alfred,

Note that in Essentials tab only Light tool does not have mask. There is no exposure mask in the base layer, but it shows up if you add an adjustment layer to your image. As for the  Dodge & Burn, it already works in mask mode.

Alfred Zommers

Hi Helga,

I have the latest version of Luminar 4 (Windows) and there is no edit mask mode in Dodge & Burn unless I add an adjustment layer first. Yes it works in mask mode but I cannot see the mask. I can only see the effects.

Victoria Grace

Hi Alfred,

You're right, by default, there is no application area shown while using Dodge&Burn effect. I realize that it might be an inconvenience, therefore, I've forwarded your suggestion to the team in charge. Thanks for your suggestion on how to make Luminar 4 better!

Alfred Zommers

Thank you for your response. It is a great programme and I can only see it getting better.

Please sign in to leave a comment.