Luminar 4 Performance SLOW !

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Colin Grant

Winston, if you have Lr why not just use Luminar as a plugin. It works fine here. Lr is the better dam at the moment and imo is better as the first level raw editor. Luminar scores using the creative filters. I am not saying that the software does not need some more work but at least using Lr as your core app might help you along. Just a thought.

Comment actions Permalink
    Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Colin Grant,

wasn't Luminar advertised as a Lightroom replacement? If you use Lightroom, why do you still need Luminar - only for the exchange from heaven? In any case, I wanted to replace LR with Luminar, but unfortunately I have really long response times despite fewer pictures in the catalog. That's why I've now had to extend my LR subscription.

Colin Grant

Luminar was not always advertised as a Lr replacement and it is not advertised as such any more. That was stopped when the dam did not come up to expectations. Luminar existed prior to the Lr replacement attempt and was either a simple stand-alone editor or a plugin; the same as all the Skylum stuff before Luminar (although Skylum was called MacPhun then). Despite all that has gone on, it is still a very good plugin bringing some nice creative filters to Lr and indeed Photoshop where its ability to work with smart objects is brilliant.

The dam is not really a dam, it is a file browser and not a very good one. There is no keywording, no search, no smart albums, no stacking - the list goes on and on. Skylum have however said they are not in competition with Lr and that they are doing their own thing. That is absolutely fine and as long as being a very good plugin is part it will have a place in my workflow as a plugin. All that said, they say they intend to bring a bit more functionality to the dam in the future so hopefully that will be good for those who do not need all that is Lr. The current dam /Library at least seems to be more stable now but it is not the fastest thing around.

Winston Winsborrow

Thanks Colin, will give a try as plug-in with Lr, and see how it works. Will post update on how it works. Winston

Colin Grant

Ok Winston. There will be plenty of help around as many use the plugin option.

Maximilian Mester

Hello, I use Luminar a lot. It's great software, but it's too slow. 170 files from Raw to JPG over 2 hours on a modern PC with 32 GB RAM Geforce 1070GTX and I7 4 GHz. Please fix this problem quickly, it cannot be used for productive use.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Maximilian! Do you experience performance issues only on export? Please describe the way you export the photos, which adjustments you use, how many images you have in your catalog.

Answer all the questions above in a support form here: www.skylum.com/support

Eric Wynn

Yea.... Exporting is SO slow... It just took me 30 mins to export 82 Files from Sony .ARW to .JPG

Im running the brand new Macbook Pro with amazing Specs. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.