New Luminar 4.1.1 update: better performance for editing sessions and support for the Dutch language.

Pinned Featured

Comments

16 comments

Wolfgang Jarcik

Also ich habe das Update heute installiert, aber von eine Performanceverbesserung kann ich leider überhaupt nicht feststellen. Bis ich nach dem Start von Luminar ein Bild in meinem kleinen Katalog mit 11 Bildern beginnen kann, vergehen ca. 15 Sekunden. Der Wechsel von einem Bild zu Nächsten Dauer in etwa gleich lange. Und ganz schlimm ist das Exportieren, 1 Bild mit nur wenigen Bearbeitungen zu einem jpg ist nicht unter 30 Sekunden zu schaffen.

So I installed the update today, but unfortunately I can not see any improvement in performance at all. It takes about 15 seconds before I can start an image in my small catalog with 11 images after starting Luminar. The change from one picture to the next takes about the same length of time. And exporting is very bad, 1 image with just a few edits to a jpg is always at least 30 seconds.

Comment actions Permalink
    David Dunk

Unfortunately this 4.1.1 update has broken the plugins functionality on my Mac running Catalina.
    Not one of my listed plugins work, including Aurora, Photolemur and all Topaz apps.
    So...once again...I have reverted back to 4.1 and all plugins are now working again.

I also didn't notice any noticeable improvement in performance while running the 4.1.1 update. So, other than the new Analytics option, I guess I don't see enough improvement to justify an update so...back to 4.1 for me.

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

Hello, same for me. Exporting a jpg takes 42s on my MacBook pro 2012 (with SSD and 16Go RAM)! With Capture One for the same thing  it only takes 5s. Using some tools like "delete" or "duplicate" block the computer for 20s for me. Painful! There is still a lot of work to do!

Victoria Grace

Hi Jean-Michelle,

Could you please contact us at https://skylum.com/support so that we could have a deeper look into this matter?

Also, could you please send us your hardware configuration? Click on Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, click About This Mac, and make a screenshot of the window that opens. Check out this article (click this text to open link) about making screenshots on Mac if you need help with that. Attach the screenshot to your email.

Colin Grant

I agree re the plugins and have raised it with Support. I do perceive some improvement, it seems a little snappier. Not perfect but better.

Colin Grant

Have noticed that thumbnails of edited files are showing significant artefacts. See attachment

Helena Carter

David Dunk

As to the third-party plugins, we're sorry about your experience. We will fix this in the next update pretty soon.

Colin Grant,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support regarding this.

Christopher Lord

Third-party plug-ins are also broken on an iMac running Mojave.

There can be no excuse for such sloppy programming and testing.

Don't promise to fix it in some future update "pretty soon", fix it now!

I have stuck with you guys since  well before the Luminar applications but my loyalty is seriously compromised now. I am a member of a large and thriving Camera Club and I am often asked about alternatives to Photoshop as fellow members know I have some experience of a number of other editing programs. In all conscience I can no longer suggest they take a look at Luminar.

It is so sad because if it worked consistently and well it would suit many down to the ground being simple and yet powerful.

Please, please get your act together Skylum.

Colin Grant

Christopher has a very valid point, Helena. The latest update has brought some improvement to performance on my Mac but the update like so many others has broken something else. Surely you cannot believe that saying it will be fixed in due course is good enough - a patch should be our pretty much immediately. It should be a priority as should formal notification from Skylum itself.

Think about the recent history, two updates have been released and pulled so that "unforeseen" bugs could be fixed before general release. The second of these two updates, 4.1.1, has now been re-released and some of the functionality that up until now has been rock solid stable and part of peoples workflow does not work. What is Skylum's response - oh sorry we'll fix it in due course!

Please, you really must do better than this.

I have also reported the bug to Support but have had nothing meaningful back as yet.

Wolfgang Jarcik

... and please finally do something for a performance improvement and don't always ask about the hardware configuration with your standard answers. Many users now have problems, even those with top equipment. The closing of the critical contributions doesn't help either.

Helena Carter

Christopher Lord

The third-party plugins issue will be fixed in 4.2.0. Please, stay tuned for the exact date.

Colin Grant,

Thanks for your feedback. We will reply to your email asap.

Wolfgang Jarcik,

We will continue improving the performance in the next update. Many of the customers have noticed big improvements recently and we will surely continue making our software better, as promised.

Colin Grant

I have noticed significant improvements and an grateful. Some I guess are down to me increasing ram but the last update was subsequent to that and it has helped. It is still not as good as the competition but it has made the software better to use. Heartening to note the bug will be fixed in 4.2 but presumably that is a long way off seeing as we have only just had the 4.1.1 patch (that broke the plugins). Why cannot just a single maintenance patch be issued to give us back functionality we have already paid for. This is just plain not fair.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Helena Carter,

I've read pretty much all the posts here (including windows), but I've actually found very few positive contributions to the performance. To speak of many positive messages from customers here is astonishing.

Colin Grant

Helena,

You say the plugin bug will be fixed in 4.2. Therefore can you explain the following response from Elena of Support in relation to my email on the matter. This really is beyond belief.

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs. Please send us a screen recording.

You can upload the files to our Dropbox:

• Visit this link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/IdIbf10IBAbflUJyM8FA
    • Click 'Choose files' (see attached screenshot): http://prntscr.com/qrokub 
    • Select the file(s) on your computer.
    • After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, enter your First nameLast name and Email address.
    • Click 'Upload'.
    • After the files have finished uploading, contact us back to make sure that we've received them.

Victoria Grace

Hi Colin,

This answer must have been submitted before the developers determined the problem and included the fix in the next update. So as soon as we got an update from them, Helen notified you about it. That's why we'd asked you to send us a screen recording earlier as this would help our dev team to find a solution faster.

Dayo Akanji

Not good enough with these releases Victoria.

Why is it that virtually every single release has such bugs?

Not good enough at all.

Please sign in to leave a comment.