New Luminar 4.1.1 update: better performance for editing sessions and support for the Dutch language.

Answered

Comments

37 comments

Victoria Grace

Hi Moritz,

We are not giving up on Luminar 3 and we'll be still developing it along with Luminar 4. Actually, we've recently released an update - v.3.2.0. You may also check our roadmap for future releases of Luminar 3 below:

https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

We do appreciate all your patience and understanding. Be sure, we're constantly working on implementing improvements in each update.

Comment actions Permalink
    Moritz Wellner

Hello Victoria,

The roadmap is cute and lacks one glaring thing: Performance on par with the rivals!

Ruben Larsson

Reading this thread confirms my suspicions about Luminars AI features  basically being clickbait for unfinished software. It's a shame really. A lot of people (like me) believed in Luminar as a new contestant in the Photo Editing market, but almost every update since Luminar 2018 has made it slower and now utter useless as a basic photo editor or photoorganizer. I don't think I can recommend this software to anyone. If you love photography, you deserve a better experience than this, and there are many great options out there.

Moritz Wellner

@Ruben: Amen!

I've now purchased Exposure X5 on sale. That is a fast pieces of software and absolutely worthy as an alternative to lightroom in any way!

So, goodbye Skylum, I hope you finally deliver something the customers want (fast Workflow, real Exif Data, FIlehandling,...) and stop that Ai first nonsense. If not, I don't expect to see you around in a couple of years.

Austin Miller

Hi Ruben,

We're doing our best to provide our customers with the greatest photo editing experience and even beyond.

Indeed, the performance is not ideal even on modern and high specs PCs'. However, we're really trying to make Luminar perform at its best.

That's our everyday goal to make the app the best for daily usage.

At the moment, our development team has two major tasks: the algorithm performance improvements and resource use optimization.

These are large-scale tasks that in the long-term perspective will give the app a significant boost as well as increase the development speed.

It's a painstaking process, but we're getting there.

Moritz Wellner

If you look at the goals for luminar 3 on your website, the performance improvement has already been accomplished and it still is slow as a snail. So, if this is what your customers have to anticipate with the upcoming updates to Luminar 4, that is just a huge joke!

Do you guys even look at the alternatives? Lightroom, C1, On1, Exposure X5 and even the free software like Darktable crush Luminar in terms of speed by a long shot!

In Exposure X5, I can adjust exposure on 20 different images simultaniously in real time, maybe with a stutter of one to two seconds. In Luminar it takes more than five times that to only load one image...

Even Lightroom 5 is faster to use...

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Moritz,

Thank you for your comments. There were some inappropriate words used, so we edited them a bit. 

Please, respect Skylum Community Forum guidelines. You can find them here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360002269211-Community-Guidelines. Thank you in advance!

We appreciate you taking time to bring performance issues up to our attention. Our team is currently working on brand new 4.2.0 update. We hope that performance speed is going to be much better there. There is no ETA, but the update should be released during next few weeks. For sure even more cool features and improvements are yet to come. Please, stay tuned and bear with us!

Please sign in to leave a comment.