2 x requests - Source image and collection indication

Answered

Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your feedback!

1. To/from which application are you looking to round-trip?

I'm not sure I'm understanding your workflow - Can you tell me a bit about a situation where you'd like to swap the source file in Aurora? If that is the goal I'm not sure how well it would work as the tone mapping for each image is somewhat unique and applies a machine learning/AI aspect to each image. 

The better option if the goal is to apply a similar look/feel to another image is to create a custom Look, and then apply the Look to the next image.

2. To see which look you've applied, click on the History button (looks like a clock in the top toolbar).

Let me know if I can answer any other questions or further clarify anything. Have a great day!

Comment actions Permalink
    Peter Knight

Hi Angela

Apologies for the delay with this. I've encountered the 'issue' again with a new project so it's on front of me again.

1. To/from which application are you looking to round-trip?

>> I'm not sure I'm understanding your workflow - Can you tell me a bit about a situation where you'd like to swap the source file in Aurora? If that is the goal I'm not sure how well it would work as the tone mapping for each image is somewhat unique and applies a machine learning/AI aspect to each image. 

Ok, I'll try and explain it better :)

It's not so much swap the source file has have to recognise that the original TIFF has been updated.

For example, in my photography work I take a lot of panoramic images.

1. A take several photos of a scene and end up with approx 6 individual RAW files.

2. I edit these RAW files in Lightroom and export them as individual TIFFs

3. I combine / stitch these individual TIFF files in PTGUI and end up with a wide 'panorama.TIFF'. This is my 'source' TIFF

4. I import the panorama TIFF into Aurora and apply my HDR settings. When happy, I export that as a 'panorama_HDR.TIFF' but I also keep an Aurora file called 'panorama_HDR.auh'

This all works fine when the edits are 1 time and in one direction from steps 1 to 4. However, during the course of a job, I frequently have to go back to step 2 or even step 3 to tweak things during post production and produce a new 'panorama.TIFF'

It'd then be nice to open up my Aurora file ('panorama_HDR.auh') and have it recognise that the source panorama.TIFF has a newer timestamp or been updated. 

I agree with your suggestion that I could create a custom look, however I'd quickly end up with many, many  custom looks.

Thanks for reading.

P

Each finished pano (TIFFmay consist of several individual photos.

Margaret Bright

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the detailed response.

Please note that for now, .auh files are separate files that save the layers, masks, and filters that you have applied. They are not linked to the source images. But I understand what you mean, and it's an interesting request that I will forward to our team!

The process you have described can be achieved in Luminar 4. In Luminar 4 you keep your images in the Catalog file that syncs the images every time you launch the app. Therefore, Luminar 4 would recognize the changes applied to a TIFF file and you will see them in your Catalog right away.

Maybe you could consider trying Luminar 4 and see if the app may be a nice addition to your workflow. Please also note that you can use Aurora HDR as a plugin to Luminar 4 now, which, I am sure, would be a useful bonus :)

Please sign in to leave a comment.