SAME PROBLEM - Luminar 4 will not open on my iMac

Answered

Comments

9 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi - I'm very sorry to hear that you're unable to open Luminar 4. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate the issue. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Comment actions Permalink
    john taylor

Another user who cant open Luminar 4 on Mac. Have attempted reinstall but all I get is "Oops! We've run into an issue... please try later" not very helpful. Many comments about this happening on the forum - was Luminar 4 tested properly? Please provide a fix ASAPproblem  Thank you

Using MaOS Catalina version10.15.4 on iMac

Helena Carter

John,

Please, try using an alternate installer:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg

Nicholas Mangano

HI I have a IMac and it updated to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 the other night and now I can't open Luminar 4, is anyone else having the same issue. Love the software but it is now useless to me! Any suggestions to help with this issue?

I have tried to both zip and dmg installer with no luck.

At this point in time the software is useless to me and I really do like the product!  

Her is the error message I am getting:

Victoria Grace

Hey Nicholas,

Please, try to restore Luminar 4 from backup:

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Nicolas Hosford

I have the same problem as John Butler and I would love to know it was fixed.

André Kilchenmann

I had the same issue. But Victoria Grace's solution was very helpful. I didn't know about starting Luminar with option key to get the list of backups. I have to remember this. Because a crash happens so fast. Thanks

Max Oppen

I have this problem with Luminar 4. I started getting the error message after trying to start up L4 after it crashes. Ideas? I have tried the option key and restore from backup to no avail. 

Elena O'Brien

Hi!

Please try the following steps:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar 4 Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar 4 Catalog folder as well as Luminar 4 Catalog.luminar file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminar4
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminar. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in the Pictures folder). 

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/bfea395294624840bb9e99046bd7e225 

Please sign in to leave a comment.