Sky Replacement in 4.1

Answered

Comments

1 comment

Ian Murrell

@...

Scene Relighting is not responsible for all of the "spill of color" or bleed.

If you open a copy of the JPG image below, and apply Blue Sky 1 to it, then with the default settings you will see how the replacement sky has interacted with the various colors below.

In particular, with all of the sliders left on default, note that whilst altering the Relight Scene slider (both up and down) does affect the amount of blue relighting and consequent alteration of the colours, it has little effect on the image of the clouds that appear in the color panels. It's not meant to, it is meant to "relight" the image with the primary sky color, in this case blue.

With some images the AI sky replacement will work almost well enough with just the default settings. With others you may get an acceptable result by changing the setting of  the various sliders, particularly the balance between Sky Global, Sky Local and Close Gaps.

On many images though, you may have no choice but to use the AI Sky Replacement masking. Masking is an important part of the Sky Replacement tool.

Finally, with some images you can get what I would describe as almost a halo effect where the sky meets with something like a building roof, and that is often increased if you reduce the reliight scene to zero. Try it on this image. I've found that actually increasing the Relight Scene setting can reduce the halo effect considerably, at the expense of introducing more "bleed", but if I'm going to be using masking anyhow, that doesn't matter.

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.