Help with A Sky Replacement

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Ian Murrell

Bill Rutherford

Bill, the link you posted is only to a sidecar .xmp file. You need to link to either the original RAW file or to a developed TIFF or JPG version.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bill Rutherford

Ian Murrell

My apologies, it was a late night!!  :)

I have uploaded the correct file and appreciate your being willing to take a look

Anna V

Hi Bill,

Please try working with the Sky Global, Sky Local, and Close Gaps sliders. You can also try using the mask manually. This should help refine the result.

If that doesn't produce satisfactory results, please reach out to www.skylum.com/support so our techs can look into the issue.

Ian Murrell

Bill Rutherford

Bill,

Here is a screen shot of my result. The attached WeTransfer.com link has a zip file containing a PDF of method used with settings and screen shots, also a full size TIFF image.

https://we.tl/t-og8bbnxisB

Cheers

Ian Murrell

Bill Rutherford

Bill, I have responded, and posted a WeTransfer.com link with a TIFF image and details of how I did it. Unfortunately for some reason some of my posts are being tagged Pending Approval and are not visible to forum users. My reply to you unfortunately is one of them. No idea why, or when or even if they will be "approved"

Bill Rutherford

Ian Murrell

Thank you.  Unfortunately I can't see the link - although I can see your post

I am very interested in what you were able to do.  Could you please email the link to me at stephanie@stephaniedupuisphotography.com  ?

Thanks again!

Bill Rutherford

Ian Murrell

Thank you - your description made perfect sense.

I thought this might be a case where manual masking was required, I had been hoping to avoid it but this makes perfect sense.

Thank you for all of your time and effort in both editing and teaching!

Please sign in to leave a comment.