Luminar 4 Library

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Chris,

Luminar 4 sorts the folders by the date of adding. If that's not the case, please, send us a screenshot of your Library structure.

Comment actions Permalink
    Chris Groome

Hi Helena,

That's what normally happens but not this time.

Helena Carter

Chris,

That's rather weird. Please, reach us via https://skylum.com so we could look deeper into the issue.

Ian Murrell

Chris Groome

Chris,

As Helena has said, the folders will be shown in the order they were added. For the screen shots below, I created two "parent" folders, one for each of two cameras. In each of those folders I had "child" or sub folders containing the photos taken for each year.

The screen shots show what happens when I add the two parent folders into a Luminar catalog. Note that while Luminar has placed the parent folders in the order in which I added them, it shows the child "years" folders in ascending order.

If you put all your yearly folders into a single parent folder, then you can add additional yearly folders into that parent folder and when Luminar is next opened, it will display the added folders in the right place.

Chris Groome

Ian

Thanks for your ideas.  In the end I started a new library which took less than fifteen minutes for 21K pictures.  I hadn't realised how L4 library works but should be OK now.

I have still retained the original (L3) library with the adjustments but since I am only just starting to use L4 in earnest then not too inconvenient.

Again thanks

Please sign in to leave a comment.