Keywords, please !!

Answered

Comments

37 comments

Nitin Chandra

That is a possibility Johan Marengård. For now, though, I don't see any reasonable alternative. Also, the Adobe updates and fixes come in a lot faster than any other.

If Adobe doubles the cost (very unlikely), then, I would probably pick the best alternative at that point and adapt my work for that including known bugs and stuff. Might pick up one of the open-source ones and adapt that to my needs.

Comment actions Permalink
    Johan Marengård

Well, according to this I don’t find it that unlikely...

https://9to5mac.com/2019/05/02/adobe-creative-cloud-price-hike/amp/

Nitin Chandra

Well, the current pricing is in line with similar apps and some are trying to follow the same model now. I guess the pricing would remain competitive, but, who knows :)

Bill Jackson

No keywords.  Are you kidding me?  I bought Luminar back in 2018, and was excited about shortening the leaning curve for Lightroom.  At first, it was new and fun.  Then, I had to buy the Luminar 3 version, and eventually the Luminar 4 version.  I hung on because keywords were promised (PROMISED)!  For the last three years, I have been traveling almost non-stop, and have accumulated lots of photos.  Aside from editing a few pics here and there, my collection just kept building.  Finally, I resolved to melt through everything and clean it all up.  Naturally, I wanted to add keywords like I could in Lightroom, but it's still not available.  Now, the CEO says "My bad!"  We now have no intention of giving you what we promised.  If you lie to your customers, what does that make you?  Back to Lightroom for me.  No more Luminar products for me.  It seems that the other folks in this thread are of the same opinion.  Sad and disappointing!!!

Denis Landry

Bill Jackson

For me, I switched to ON1 Photo RAW... Great software... I use it at 95% for editing and 100% with keywords. I also discover the possibility of sharing the catalog via dropbox. So I publish the catalog and my customers can use also ON1 to retreive the photos they want to use on their web site or social medias... I shoot, I drop the pictures on dropbox and add the keywords... They only have to search with the keywords to choose !! Fast ans easy...

Regards

Denis

Bill Jackson

Thank you Denis.  Capture One, and On1 products will certainly allow keywords, and look to be a promising platform into the future.

Bill

Nitin Chandra

Capture One is good if it works for you since it cannot handle large catalogs Bill Jackson. ON1 is good only on paper and highly unstable. Check out the forums for ON1 Photo Raw before getting into that. They (ON1) also have a habit of removing critical comments and threads. I don't think there is an alternative to LR so far and they also came up with a bad update for version 10 (check Adobe forums for that).

Please sign in to leave a comment.