Keywords, please !!

Answered

Comments

9 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Denis, Tim,

We've been collecting and processing artists' feedback and feature requests for quite some time, and came up with a conclusion that people love easy-to-use tools and automatic enhancements.

We decided to make the development of new AI features our top priority.

At the same time, we are not giving up on Luminar 3. It will be updated with new functionality and performance improvements as promised.

IPTC support, Search tool, new cameras support will be available both for Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 users.
    Regarding LR migration tool: we are not going to develop it on our own. Currently, we are conducting negotiations with our partners that will be able to develop the separate migration tool for LR users.

You can check all the relevant information on our Roadmap: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

Comment actions Permalink
    Tim Stahmer

Keywords is not a "gift". It's a basic feature that should have been in the product when the Library was added. It certainly should have been in Luminar 4.

Keywords is way more than a year overdue.

Rakesh Malik

Agreed. Keywords and keyword search aren't features, they're core requirements -- it's not a viable asset manager without them, so not supporting them should be listed as a bug right along with your crappy file import tool that doesn't do its job.

Obviously keywords should be a core feature. Editing tools are very important but if we want to use only one software for our photo library keywords are necessary. 

Geert Taelman

waiting with impatience... :-)

Rakesh Malik

I've mostly stopped using Luminar due to its lack of keyword support combined with the basically worthless import tool. I have work to do, and Skylum isn't interested in fixing this glaring omission.

It's too bad; it's a great editor, but its workflow is pretty sad.

Marc Fairorth

Agree. Luminar is not a stand-alone photo editor, it should really just be considered an add-in to full featured programs like Lightroom that provide some nifty auto development/image enhancement tools. Luminar is worthless as a photo organizing and photo management program, it has absolutely none of the basic essential features required (keywords, smart bins, intelligent import, bulk edits) and its clear they really are not putting serious effort into adding them. 

The Luminar 4 "roadmap" doesn't show any future dev plans for Luminar 4 and so my expectations are not high.

bill bane

Agree too. I hate Adobe and because of that and LR's weaknesses, would like to fully use Luminar.

Without keywords, Luminar continues to be just a "plug in".

Without keywords, why does one need a library?

Ramprakash Ram Mohan

I waited.... waited... and left!! Its sad and I feel a little cheated as I bought the license with the promise of having keywords and search based on keywords/iptc support "very soon" in an upgrade...

Please sign in to leave a comment.