Comments

17 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Thomas,

Are you working with a standalone version or using Luminar as a plugin? 

Comment actions Permalink
    Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Kate,

ich und viele andere auch haben dieses Problem. Die Posts wurden leider wieder geschlossen. Ich jedenfalls hab das schon vor Tagen dem Support gemeldet, bin mit Elena immer wieder in Kontakt. Und egal ob als plugin oder standalone, es funktioniert einfach nicht. Trotz Neuinstallation, neuen Katalog und sonstigen Versuchen. Auch Stempeln/Klonen funktioniert nicht so wie es soll, nämlich immer.

Kate Williams

Wolfgang, this was reported to our tech team - we've already created a task to fix the issue in Luminar as a plugin / extension, but more information can be required in case if Thomas is facing the issue in the standalone version. 

This will be investigated and appropriate measures will be taken. 

I appreciate your cooperation. 

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Kate, 

wie ich schon oben beschrieben habe: Es funktioniert NIE - weder als Plugin noch standalone. 
    So habe ich das auch dem Support gemeldet.

Oder was meinen sie genau, ich verstehe ihre Antwort leider nicht.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Kate,

As I have already described above: It NEVER works - neither as a plugin nor as a standalone.
    That's how I reported it to support.

Or what exactly do you mean, unfortunately I don't understand your answer.

Colin Grant

What is the issue, regrettably I do not speak the language :-(? But on a more general note, when is 4.1.1 coming to the uk? Has it been pulled because of bugs?

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Collin,

after the update to 4.1.1, the eraser tool no longer works. Cloning / stamping only works occasionally. No matter whether as a plugin or standalone.

Colin Grant

Thank you, Wolfgang. Seems every update now breaks something! Does make one question their testing regime.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Support hat mir empfohlen Luminar 4.1.1 mittels AppCleaner zu deinstallieren und die Versiom 4.1.0 zu installieren.

jetzt funktionieren das Radieren wieder.

Update auf 4.1.1. ist mittlerweile zurückgenommen (es wird mir auch nicht mehr angezeigt).

Alan Gibson

This is beyond a joke. The speed is terrible, not able to turn off picture on startup and now no erase. I think a refund is in order. In my country I am able to sue for misrepresenting claims.

Colin Grant

The soft launch of the 4.1.1 patch seems to have gone the way of most Skylum launches.....badly. I have never received any information on this patch from Skylum other that a response to a question on here that said it was a soft launch that would get to the UK in a couple of days. That was at least a week ago. So still no patch but rather a lot of negative comment. I suspect it has been pulled so the bugs can be fixed. Perhaps someone from Skylum could advise us of the current position?

Colin Grant

By way of update. Just upgraded my iMac to 32 gig. Has no noticeable impact on L4 performance whilst there is clear benefit on others.

Alan Gibson

I think the bug is in Catalina. Went back to Mojave and it is now able to erase ok. Catalina is a waste of time and energy. An OS should be if it ain't broke don't fix it. But Luminar 4.1.1 is still way too slow, and that picture that pops up on start up is not needed and has become a bug from my point of view, just another thing to slow the app down.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Alan,

i don't think that's a Catalina bug; why else did the erasing work with version 4.1.0 under catalina? The crashes only occurred with 4.1.1. with a reason why the 4.1.1 update was postponed - right?

Alan Gibson

Wolfgang

You could be right. It was just funny that 4.1.1 works ok with Mojave. Just wondering if 4.1.1 works on windows version?

Wolfgang Jarcik

Alan,

and you have no issues with 4.1.1 under Mojave?

Alan Gibson

Wolfgang

Yes I do, but mainly the speed, it could be faster. I also use Lightroom Classic which I find a bit faster than Luminar.

Please sign in to leave a comment.