I followed Elena Blum's explanation to Scott on how to install the Luminar 4 plugin in Lightroom for Windows (see below). The Export to Luminar option is now present as suggested. However, Right-clicking on the image > Export > Export to Luminar 4 > initiates the process in LR but Luminar 4 doesn't launch.
I tried instead to install it from the Luminar File>Install Plugins menu option but it says I need to open Luminar as an Admin. When I ran Luminar as Admin it says my trial has expired. It's a paid upgrade from Luminar 3 that I've been running since it came out. Crap. So I grit my teeth, provided the email and password, and it was like a installing a new version. It created a new catalog (as far as I can tell) and wanted me to pick a folder containing photos etc.
After all that, it still doesn't work on my non-Admin user account. Can someone help me? I don't want to leave my computer continually exposed to bad actors by running it in Admin mode just so the Luminar plugin will work.
- 12 days ago
Manually installing Luminar as a plugin for Lightroom should help. Here's how to do this on Windows:
- Make sure Luminar and Lightroom are closed.
- Download the plugin file from here (click Download in the upper right): https://www.dropbox.com/s/8h9ry81xd4fpkaj/Luminar4Export.lrplugin.zip?dl=0
- Right-click the .zip you've downloaded > click Extract All. When prompted to specify the destination for the extracted file, click Browse. Paste the following path into the address bar in the top of the window that opens: %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules
Here's how it should look like:
- Click Select Folder and then click Extract.
Access Luminar 4 from Adobe Lightroom in the following way:
- Right-click on the image > Export > Export to Luminar 4 > You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to Luminar 4, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.
After applying adjustments in Luminar 4 your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs.
Post is closed for comments.