Catalina support for Aurora

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Justin,

The only known compatibility issue at this time between Aurora HDR 2019 and macOS Catalina is when using Aurora as an Apple Photos extension. There are no known issues when using Aurora HDR 2019 as a standalone, or as a Lightroom/Photoshop plugin.

If you're using Apple Photos, please know that we are working on an update to address it, but I don't have a precise ETA at this time.

Comment actions Permalink
    Justin Best

Thank you!

Ian Wormell

Hi Angela

A bit confused.

Just went to the download site and it still says no support for Catalina??

Kim Austin

I'm using Aurora 2019 successfully on my iMac, which is running Catalina. 

As @Ian has said though, Skylum's system requirements do not show Catalina....

"macOS®️ High Sierra 10.13, Sierra 10.12.6, El Capitan 10.11.5, Yosemite 10.10.5"

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for any confusion. For full macOS compatibility Aurora HDR 2019 needs to be updated, which is why Catalina is not shown as being supported.

I am personally running Aurora HDR 2019 on my 2019 MacBook Pro which is running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and have not had any issues. My workflow is to use Aurora HDR 2019 as a Lightroom plugin. The only known issue is when using Aurora as an Apple Photos extension.

Flo Minton

Before upgrading my MacBook Pro (16 GB RAM) to Catalina yesterday, I was able to batch process up to 30 bracketed image groups at a time in the Aurora HDR 2019 Batch processing window. Today I came home from a photo shoot and tried to drag 10 image groups into the batch processor and nothing....just a spinner and the word PROCESSING. After 30 minutes of waiting, I closed the program, uninstalled Aurora and reinstalled. I tried the batch processing again with only 6 bracketed groups and after about 20 minutes the groups finally appeared in the batch processing window. I hit continue and the photos went through like before.

Prior to the upgrade to Catalina, I could drag a group at a time into the batch processing window and they would process in 2-3 seconds. Is there anything I can try to get Aurora back to the speed it processed the bracketed photos before the upgrade to Catalina?

Thanks!

Helena Carter

Hi Flo,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a better way.

Hello, 

I just upgraded to Catalina and my Aurora edits no longer save. Can you help? 

Helga Rowles

Hi Geoff! Please make sure to install the latest Aurora update (Aurora HDR 2019 > Check for updates).

Silly me! Thanks so much. :-) 

Please sign in to leave a comment.