luminar 4.1 : shortcuts for brush size

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Marc,

For now, we recommend working with the English (US) keyboard layout.

At the moment, we are looking for the best way to make all of the shortcuts compatible with different keyboard layouts, including the French, Spanish, German, etc. 

You can check the list of the available shortcuts here: https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/windows-keyboard-shortcut-keys 

In particular, these are the ones that might be helpful in your case: 

[ Decrease the brush radius
    ] Increase the brush radius
    Shift+[ Decrease the brush softness
    Shift+] Increase the brush softness

/ Show current layer mask in the form of red transparent image

N.B. Please try using them on an English layout. 

Comment actions Permalink
    marc labro

hello Kate,

how do you want to change a belgian AZERTY keyboard with accents... to a UK one ???

Moreover [ and ] don't work and even if the worked it requires an additional key <ALT GR> due to its position.

we need a text files like Lightroom "Translate string.txt" to specify for instance "<" to reduce brush size instead of "[", or more clever, mimic photoshop with ctrl alt right clic to have a live display of your brush.

marc

One more vote! For me, working with the English (US) layout is not an option.

Kirk Osborn

Thank you for your comments. Our tech team is aware of issues with some layouts. They will be fixed in future updates. Please stay tuned.

marc labro

5 monthes already and still not possible to use mouse wheel to change brush size and ctrl mouse wheel for opacity.

But photoshop method ALT+right mouse button and drag is really amazing to see brush live

Grace Pedersen

Strange in AURORA it works with option+( ) but that doesn't work in Luminar 4???

Why can't you just make the program like Auora?

marc labro

I wanted to try and with belgian keyboard, in aurora,

the "^" key, which has also a ALT GR + "[" on it, increases brush sizes just typin "^"

and ")" decreases brush size.

same keys in LAI :-)

Cherry on the cake, in LAI, SHIFT + either these ^ or [ change the softness

Not sure i will remember it tomorrow but some keys work :-)

I really wonder the correspondance between languages because it doesn't fit just the positions.

In Lightroom, by the way, well explained by Lightroom Queen blog, we can make a "translate string" file to re-allocate the keys which change for instance when you toggle lightroom between french and english.

Please sign in to leave a comment.