You've killed this community by shutting down discussion.

Answered

Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

There are many threads that have the same questions and issues, that have already been discussed in other posts. Therefore we are closing the new similar threads that have already been answered and don't need any further comments to make our community clean and up-to-date.

If you have any questions or require assistance, you may always post your questions here or contact us at https://skylum.com/support

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Ratts

Tony Collins, You're most definitely not alone. I'm in the same boat with you on this, as are I'm sure many others. It's so frustrating to see posts closed prematurely, and so glaringly obvious why they're applying such a ham-handed approach. There are lots of things to love about the Skylum products, but unfortunately there are still a lot of important things missing, and a trail of broken promises and dashed hopes. I'm sure they're shutting down discussion for the simple reason that they think this will help the them posture as being more successful than they are and attracting new $$ from new customers.

I really feel like they're too willing to give up on the customers they've already got. They're too willing to break their promises. And way deep down inside their organization there is one or more people whove formed a cult-like attachment to a tragically flawed design (I'm referring to the fundamental problems with their DAM). I suspect they're suffering from the Sunk Cost Fallacy on that one. In stead of a real fix and progress we get band-aids and no progress.

I hope they figure things out, and turn their ship around. I really really do. There's a lot I like about their products, and I do still use them - but not the way I had hoped to. At this rate, they're a toy and an accessory suitable for occasional use, and ill-suited to be the central workflow hub I and so many others had hoped for.

Bummer.

Tony Collins

I'm sure the mods are aware of the irony that would be involved in shutting down commenting on this thread :D

In the meantime - Margaret:

The problem is by shutting down threads for comment you prevent the sort of helpful discussion that would occur (and did) in a more vibrant community - eg:
    "Hey - I had somthing similar but mine happens like this" (helpful for clarifying the context and nature of the problem)

Or "This worked for me"

Or just adding voices to requests for features - which help skylum prioritise.

And so on...

Then fundamentally - why will people come here? If not for the discussion, and user support, then it is just to ask a tech support question. You might as well just turn it into a public support ticket system. In fact that is pretty much what you have done.

I'm out.

Lloyd O'Daniel

Margaret,

I realize you are just towing the company line, but it is simply disingenuous. Steve hit the real reason on the head about why you have been instructed to close threads. It is pure censorship to limit negative comments about your software and company, most of which is deserved. Customers are smarter than that. Don't tell us it's about keeping the forum clean. (Clean of complaints, I'm sure.) To many of us, the manner you now conduct this forum confirms the type of company that Skylum has become, and not in a flattering way. I'm quite sure that the vast majority on here would prefer an open and lively "dirty" forum than the "clean" one you are trying to sell. Tell your management. 

Colin Grant

I agree with you Tony . Those of us who have been around with Luminar from the start and who are not in awe of sky replacement and the like are well aware that the build quality of Luminar is poor, especially so when used stand-alone. It needs a rebuild from the ground up really but that will never happen - just look at FB, clearly a lot of sales can be generated on the back of this AI stuff, some of which remains very doubtful to me. But imagine a well specified Luminar, with reasonable speed and decent masking/edge aware type tech coupled with sky replacement et al. Now that would really be something.

Will never happen though.

Ronald Skinner

Yeah I just had a thread closed about the Magic Mouse issue, at one time I was told they knew what the problem was and it would be fixed in the next release of Luminar 3, it wasn't fixed in the latest 3.2 update and it exists in Luminar 4 as well. In my last thread that was just closed I brought up the issue again and they don't know when it will be addressed they said they are working on performance issues???? Well to me not being able to use the Magic Mouse in the Luminar Editor without it scrolling to other photos is a performance issue. I was a big fan of Luminar and the editor is great if you use it as a plugin, but I dumped LR and don't want to use it as a plugin I want a full featured editing program and Luminar doesn't fit the bill for me anymore so I moved on to ON1 Photo Raw.  

No thread should be closed to discussion until the issue is fixed!

Colin Grant

Well said, Lloyd.

Howard Lebowitz

Even though tagged "answered" I am still able to comment.

Please sign in to leave a comment.