Luminar 3.2 update..... Magic Mouse issue still hasn't been fixed!!!

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ronald,

Unfortunately, this is more of a Magic Mouse issue than a Luminar issue. I use one, too, and have for years. No matter what editor I use (Lightroom, Luminar, etc.) stray gestures and unintended movements of my fingers on the mouse can cause the Magic Mouse pointer to jump around, select a different picture, or sometimes even jump to a completely different screen.

My solution (and it may or may not be reasonable for you) was to turn off most of the Magic Mouse's gestures. I can scroll, right-click, and left-click, but the rest of the options I turned off in my Mac's preferences as I would often end up somewhere I didn't want to be. This solution has worked well for me. I hope that you find it helpful as well.

Comment actions Permalink
    Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Angela,

das Deaktivieren der Mausbewegungen in den Systemeinstellungen bringt für LUMINAR NICHTS. Außerdem tritt das auch NUR in LUMINAR auf sonst nirgends, weder in Lightroom noch sonst wo. Eure Antworten sind auch immer sehr unterschiedlich denn diese Antwort habe ich vor einigen Tagen vom Support zu diesem leidigen Thema erhalten: 

Hallo Wolfgang,

Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback und Ihre freundlichen Wörte.

Unsere oberste Priorität für Luminar 3 war bessere Geschwindigkeit und Leistungen.

In Bezug auf das Magic Mouse-Problem:

Im Moment sammeln wir immernoch die Anforderungen unserer Benutzer, um die Statistik zu verstehen und die Aufgaben zu priorisieren.

Unser technisches Team prüft grade, wie diese Lösung in der Zukunft am besten entwickelt und angewendet werden kann.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Elena

Christian Poulton

I’ve experienced this issue too however it only occurs when using Luminar. I can easily use other apps without having to resort to changing the mouse settings. As far as my experience shows, this is a specific Luminar bug that needs urgently addressing.

Ronald Skinner

I've never had an issue with the  Magic Mouse in LR, Capture One trial or ON1, I can edit photos all day long in ON1 and it never scrolls to another photo in fact scrolling in the ON1 edit module is turned off on the Magic Mouse, so this is an issue with Luminar 3 and 4.  At one time about 6 months ago I got a reply on this forum that they found the problem and it would be fixed in the next update, it never happened.  I've been using Luminar since it first came out and raved about it to a lot of photographers, the editor is great and works fine if you use it as a plugin. Only problem is I don't want to use it as a plugin, I want to use it standalone as my only editing program and until the Magic Mouse issue is fixed I can't use it that way.  I want a program that has a Dam, can add keywords, lets me automatically add a watermark when I export the file and Luminar is lacking in all those features. Also has Aurora HDR be abandoned? It hasn't been updated in forever?

Helena Carter

Hi Ronald,

Regarding the DAM, I have replied to a similar request under this post. Please, be sure to check it out:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006991800

As to the Aurora HDR 2019, as for now, there's no ETA for an update. We will keep you posted.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Helena,

and regarding the mouse?

Johann Chevrier

Hi Angela.

I 'm very surprised. A magic mouse bug?  Can't you ask to Adobe how they solved it in lightroom. If they don't answer, ask to Capture One, or DXO maybe. I'm pretty sure you will solve it.

One year ago, you can read this about Magic Mouse issue.

We'll fix this issue in 3.1.0..

or this

The update that fixes this issue will be released within a month.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

But I'm a useful man, so I'm going to work for Skylum for free and answer for you to all those dissatisfied users.
    Skylum is currently working on version 6 of Luminar and its brand new AI modules: AI Magic mouse. Please be patient.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Johann,

now you must also close the post for comments. 😉😉

Kate Williams

Johann, the focus has been on the stability/performance improvements as well as the new features.

Right now, we have no ETA for the fix, but I'll make sure to raise this question during our meeting with our tech team once again.

If there's any news, you'll be updated. 

For now, please, try turning off gestures, as per Angela's suggestion.

Post is closed for comments.