So disappointed

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I completely understand your frustration. Let me please explain the situation to you.

We've been collecting and processing artists' feedback and feature requests for quite some time, and came up with a conclusion that people love easy-to-use tools and automatic enhancements.

We decided to make the development of new AI features our top priority.

New Luminar 4 will have lots of tools that will allow you to create beautiful photos by moving just one slider. Luminar 4 is going to be more intuitive, logical and concise. Please stay tuned to know more about the upcoming features.

At the same time, we are not giving up on Luminar 3. It will be updated with new functionality and performance improvements as promised.

IPTC support, Search tool, new cameras support will be available both for Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 users.
    Regarding LR migration tool: we are not going to develop it on our own. Currently, we are conducting negotiations with our partners that will be able to develop the separate migration tool for LR users.

You can check all the relevant information on our Roadmap: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

Comment actions Permalink
    Helge Skogh

You seem to have written this five minutes ago... (January 21 2020). If that is the case, I feel a bit surprised. Luminar 3 AND 4 do have DAM and it works well. But remember, Luminar can still not handle meta and such things, but I hope it will soon.

John Lilley

No it has a file browser. They can call it a DAM but any so-called DAM that does not even support keywords or other basic DAM abilities is not a DAM. “But remember, Luminar can still not handle meta and such things,“. That is what a DAM does. Luminar’s is just a file browser. It was very misleading to tell potential buyers otherwise.

Helge Skogh

Yes, I agree! The lack of keywords is a large missing point. But I am sure the team is working on this... They need to because professional photographers with enormous quantities of photographs NEED keywords etc and they will remain with Adobe Lightroom Classic or Capture One... Nevertheless, I like this "file browser" as it is better than nothing. Luminar as such is great software. I think so and I want to support them... But I understand your point and I guess the Skylum developers as well! I hope!!

John Lilley

I agree that Luminar is a pretty slick piece of software. I just feel like I was suckered into purchasing it based on the promise of a forthcoming DAM. I’m still waiting after over 2 years. 

Post is closed for comments.