Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Kate Williams

Hi Claude, 

Let's try the basic things first: 

Please uninstall the plugin first: 

1. Start Luminar 4
    2. Click Luminar 4 in the upper left of your screen > Install Plugins.
    3. Click Uninstall next to the host application of your choice.

You may be prompted to enter your Mac user password at some point, please do so.

After this, please try reinstalling Luminar. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

Once it's done, please ensure that the plugin is installed back (navigate to Luminar 4 > Install Plugins > click Install next to LR).

Please make sure that you are invoking Luminar in the recommended way: 

right-click on the image > Export > Luminar 4 > Export a photo with Lightroom adjustments/Open source photo. 

If the issue persists, please, contact our team at https://skylum.com/support for further investigation of the issue. Thanks! 

Comment actions Permalink
    Claude Beauchemin

Grrr! That’s mean I will loose all the works once again I’ve done in Luminar 4!

And for the 4th time in a 1 1/2 year of many problem with Luminar 4, I will have to AppCleaner and restart all over again, just because the Luminar 4.1 have a problem?

Can I return back to the simple Luminar 4?

I’m on Mac.

Sorry Kate! I know it is not your fault, but i’m mad, very mad once again.

Claude

Kate Williams

Hi Claude, 

A simple reinstallation does not affect the edits in your Catalog in any way. 

I understand your frustration and that it might be cumbersome, however, we do need to ensure that the installation of the update was carried out properly.

Thus, please take your time and proceed with the specified instructions. 

If the issue persists, kindly get in touch with the support team at https://skylum.com/support.  The case may need a more thorough investigation which can be carried out effectively only in cooperation with our team via emails. 

Thanks. 

Claude Beauchemin

Good day Kate!

I’ve done what you told me with the reinstallation and now ir is working as it must with the Luminar 4.1.

Thanks a lot for that.

But I have questions...

My albums are gone!  :(

On the right column, on the library section, ”all Photos", why I have duplicata of each pictures, all double?   

While in the lower section, ”Files” it is a single of the same picture from the ”all Photo" section! !?!?

That’s mean I have 3 photos to modified separately? And they are all adding in the total photos I have in my library!

In other words, what is the different in the use from ”All photos” in my library vs the ”Files"

Pleas help me (in French if possible) to understand the differences and the use of them.

(Please forgive my writing quality)

Thanks Kate.

Claude

Kirk Osborn

Please try loading a backup:

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.

Please sign in to leave a comment.