Library not updating in Luminar 3

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Helga Rowles

Hi Alan!
    Have you already tried creating a new catalog? If not, please try doing so.

To create a new catalog, go to File > Catalog > New.

Comment actions Permalink
    Alan Old

hi Ohla

Can you do this and still retain edits?

Alan Old

Creating a new catalogue does allow me to import my photos and they show in the folders in Luminar.  However all my edits and albums and favourites are lost.  Is there a way to move these from the old catalogue to the new one?

Is this a known issue that Luminar are working on, as creating a new catalogue is only a work around and not a fix.

Many thanks,

Helga Rowles

Hi Alan, unfortunately, there's no way to move your edits between the catalogs.

If you'd like to continue working with your previous catalog, please open it via File > Catalog > Open, go to the Library tab and rename your top-level library folder. It usually helps.

Alan Old

Hi Olha,

Is Luminar working on a fix for this issue in v3?   Does the same issue exist in v4?

As I previously said, creating a catalogue is reallly only a work around, not a fix.  From the post that was closed, it sounds like other customers have seen this behaviour several times over so this workaround would result in me having several catalogues when I should only need to manage all my photos in 1.  Is this something i should raise through a support ticket?

Thanks,

Alan

Anna V

Hi Alan, 

If you launch Luminar 4 and create there a new catalog, you are not supposed to have this issue. 

Regarding the catalogs: for now, we recommend having a few small catalogs instead of storing all your images in one. 

If we can further clarify please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support  and we'll be happy to help.

Post is closed for comments.