Checking for new files in the same folders

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Ian Murrell

Alex White

Good question.

Sometimes after a long period of time I think it may update the library thumbnail display itself, but that has not been in a realistic time frame, and I'm not sure it always does that..

What seems to works for me is clicking on the Library tab, then clicking on "Recently Added"

I'm not talking huge image numbers here.

For example

1. I start with a completely new catalog, add a single folder containing a single photo on a local SSD.

2. Close Luminar 4

3. Use Windows file explorer to add 50 new JPG images to the folder (all ex camera 4032 x 2268 px)

4. Open Luminar 4 then do nothing, just wait and enjoy a coffee

5. After 10 minutes, despite some random disk light flashing, still only the original thumbnail showing.

6. Close Luminar 4

7 Open Luminar 4, All 51 thumbnails now showing.

Alternatively do steps 1 to 3 above, then

4 Open Luminar (one thumbnail showing)

5. Click on Recently Added (all 51 thumbnails appear almost instantaneously.)

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena Blum

Hi Alex,

If you have this photos folder in Luminar 4 and you add new photos to this folder on your PC, they should appear in Luminar 4 after you restart the app.

Cameron Fetty

Why not add a button to refresh the database with the added photos?  As opposed to closing the app and restarting.

Kate Williams

@Cameron, thanks for the suggestion. We discussed this option with our tech team some time ago. So far such a button hasn't been added because it could negatively affect the performance of the app. 

Nevertheless, I'll make sure to pass your opinion and this post in general to the team in charge, so maybe this feature will be reconsidered in the future.

Christian Reiter

I also would be happy for a function to add new photos in a folder (it is annoying to restart luminar every time). I believe, the right place is in the context menu of the folder, so the user would be able to sync only a folder and not everything.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Christian Reiter,

Usually Luminar 4 should sync instantly once you import images to the folder, which is added to your catalog. Please, note that it might take more time to sync if you add quite many images or store them on external drive. For sure, we are working on sync feature to improve it on our end. Appreciate your feedback!

Ricardo Macieira

I was having the same problem. I found out that we can use the "add folder with images" and select the same folder that is already in the catalog. Luminar will add the new images and won't duplicate the folder in the catalog. It looks like it ignores the images already added and processes only the new ones. It's not the same as a refresh button but is faster than closing and reopening Luminar.

Please sign in to leave a comment.