Year+ old work destroying bug from Luminar 1.3.0 still exists in Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

2 comments

Dayo Akanji

I dont work for Skylum but have spent a fair bit of time looking into LMNR files and such and I can tell you that this is not a bug in L3/L4 but simply how the program works.

In L2018/LFlex, it was an edge case bug that most developers in a small stretched team would most probably put in the "Wont Fix" category. In both cases, L3/L4 and L2018/LFlex, you have changed the source file and it is simply reflecting this.

It was technically possible to change this approach in L2018/LFlex as things as encapsulated in an LMNR file as you mentioned in your linked post but as said though, this is such an edge case in an unsupported environment that most would have it very low down the list of priorities.

With the change to using a database in L3/L4, it simply cannot be "fixed" and is just how the program works. You will have to refrain from changing your base layer after working it over once and you should select a different name if you need a different version.

I expect Skylum would issue you a refund if your workflow dictates that you must always overwrite such base layers and cannot select a different name when you need a different version.

I do hope they change the LMNR file opening check sequence to the "check for internal file first" approach you suggested instead of the current "check for internal file only if original is not found" approach when they hopefully update Flex though. For L3/L4, it will probably always follow the current approach.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Dan, 

You can submit a refund request at https://skylum.com/support (select a "Billing question" as a type of request). 

If you'd like us to check how your lmnr files interact with Luminar 4, I would ask you to submit a support request and send us at least one example of such lmnr file. 

Please also make sure to post a link to the original thread in your support request.

The files can be submitted in the following way:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.