Previews for AI Sky replacement

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Kate Williams

Hi guys, 

Thanks for the suggestion. Some of the artists have already brought this up and thus this feature has been added to the backlog of the requested functionality, so it will be considered for future development.

We also will consider implementing an easier way to load your own sky textures so that they're displayed among the pre-installed ones. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Udo Ermert

Great idea. To start with, I do need a preview of pic+replaced sky in the first step. I would be happy to have glance/preview/ thumbnail of the sky pics to choose from

Helga Rowles

Hi guys, just a disclaimer from our QA team (and the reason we don't usually recommend the mentioned workaround): loading images to the folder with built-in skies might cause some stability issues.

However, we totally understand that the ability to import multiple skies would be really useful and our technical team is considering adding such functionality in the future.

Roy Blackwell

See this post for a better solution that has previews:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006783480-Luminar-4-sky-replacements?page=1#community_comment_360001077180

On Windows, the default location of Luminar 4 sky images is here:

C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\profiles\SkyTextures

Michael Muni

I guess you have to be an artists for Skylum to add features to the backlog

Chris Groome

Great tip - many thanks.  I had the same problem with looking through lots of skies.

Chris Groome

Hi Olha, I just made a shortcut to the folder in Quick Access (Win 10) and go to this shortcut from L4.  The folder then shows the skies and I click on the one I want.  Works fine for me and no problems at all but I take your point.

Please sign in to leave a comment.