Finally got 4.1 but has anything changed?

Answered

Comments

6 comments

• Official comment
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Per! There will be a post soon highlighting all changes in. the 4.1.0 update. 
    A great number of bugs were fixed. Moreover, the performance was improved.

Comment actions Permalink
    Wolfgang Jarcik

for me nothing has obviously changed significantly, plugin via PS ok, Luminar 4 stand alone as before - everything is just as slow, when editing 1 or 2 changes and the fan no longer comes to rest on my Macbook-pro and the Macbook gets so hot that I'm worried and have to quit Luminar again.

Pavel Rýdl

Wolfgang Jarcik: Well, I did it today, left. Bought ON1 and damn, more features and fast! There is a huge discount by end of the 6th.

Well, L3 was pretty slow too and how long was L3 out? Yep, It will not change any time soon. I was fed up with empty promises, no ETA, no bug fixes I reported, no answers on the forums, when answered, redirected to email contact. At least if they have a bug tracker online, so we can see the state of bugs and features... we know nothing, just waiting... for nothing.

Roy Blackwell

Besides crash fixes and general performance improvements, one new slider was added to sky replacement.

Steve Ratts

I made the jump to On1 a while back. I keep L4 around for the few things it can do that aren't as good in On1.

Performance wise, the difference is night and day!

Daniel Johnson

Wolfgang Jarcik

Not saying that L4 doesn't use a lot of resources causing high Cpu or Gpu temps, BUT MacBooks/iMacs/Macbook pros all suffer from a thermal type issue. Apple does not allow fans to really move above idle until nearly at the Tdp of the cpu with is usually 100 degrees celcius and the they run flat out. Ive had a lot of Macbook pros and they all do it, Especially my 2014. Sometimes it feels like its burning my legs.

Post is closed for comments.