Problems emptying trash after migration to Luminar 4

Comments

4 comments

Wolfgang Jarcik

I also had this problem, had also contacted support and sent some requested files and descriptions and answered their questions again and again. But they couldn't help either. Finally, I should also delete the catalog and create a new one - which in my opinion is not a real solution and was also out of the question for me.

Comment actions Permalink
    Christian Poulton

I had exactly the same issue after updating to Catalina.

Support suggested creating a new catalog, which has solved this issue, however I had to spend a considerable amount of time manually exporting and importing all of my images and re-adding all the ratings into the new Luminar catalog.

This apparently is a bug in the software. I wasn't too happy about this but didn't have any other choice unfortunately.

Wolfgang Jarcik

it would be nice to have the function "delete from the catalog" similar to LR.

Matthew Stough

or similar to Aperture!  I get that Luminar 3/4 wants to somehow be a big boy and play like Aperture (but now with AI...so exciting); but, when it can't handle trash...what use in the program?  It's a editor with a tacked on DAM with poor implementation after two major versions.  I imported 5 images to edit.  Luminar insisted on putting that in a Library.  When I wanted to delete the files from that Library, they went to Luminar's trash can.  When I found that trash can, the images spread across the viewer as large thumbnails and a blue button in the upper right of that view area says "Empty Trash"  Ok, a safety incase you want to actually put them back in your Luminar 3/4 Library.  I get it.  But I want to delete them for good from the Luminar 3/4 catalog/library thingy.  Now pressing that button tells me the originals (which ARE MANAGED BY ME ON MY HARD DRIVE) would be sent to the SYSTEM TRASH.  What the hell is this?  Just release them from the stupid Library.  Don't touch my disk structure!

so sad to think Luminar could replace Aperture.

Please sign in to leave a comment.