Cannot install Luminar 4.1

Answered

Comments

3 comments

John Fildes

I receive the same error on two MAC Book Pros.  I receive it when I check updates from within the app, or when I run the installer from outside the app.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ken McEwen

It only happens with Luminar when checking for updates within the app and, as I said, it happens on both my computers. I tried turning off the firewall temporarily, to no avail.

If I launch the VPN on my iMac it works fine. But, with no VPN on the Mac Book Pro, I eventually had to use a personal hotspot on my phone to download the update. 

It seems a few people are reporting this issue, so it would be good to have a response from Luminar with a work around that doesn't involve using phone data.

Elena Blum

Hi,

Please ensure that your antivirus or firewall isn't blocking outgoing connections.

If the issue persists, try an alternative Internet connection if possible - there may be a setting on your network that blocks outgoing connections.

Try using this installer: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg

If you still get the same error:

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the top menu > click Go to Folder.
    3. Paste the following path: /etc and click Go.
    4. In the folder that opens find the file named hosts and sent it via email : www.skylum.com/support 

Post is closed for comments.